xp not bootin

fercho

Ok A Friend Of Mine Has Winxp Pro And This Happens To Him With Much Frecuency.

His Pc Is Working Fine For Some Time, And Suddenly It Doesn't Wanna Boot Correctly. It Gives The Oportunity To Get To The F8 Boot Menu, But None Of The Options Work; It Doesnt Work In Safe Mode, Command Prompt Only, Last Know Good Config... Etc... Win Has Been Reinstalled Sometimes In That Pc But By Another Guy, Not Me, So I Dont Know If It Has Been Reinstalled/recovered Over The Previous Xp Or If It Has Been Formatted.

The Error That Comes To My Attention The Most Is One That Says: "unmountable Boot Volume". So Im Thinking Bout A Master Boot Record Problem, Or Maybe Even An Mbr Virus, Cause If The Pc Has Been Formatted, There's No Way The Virus Still Exists.

Maybe Its Also A Hardware Problem But I Havent Given Much Brain To That, So If Any Of You Can Recommend Anything I'll Be Thankful...

Bye

Alphatronix

Well, that doesnt sound to good... Honestly, I would just zero out the drive and install windows again... Nuke the dam comp!!

Also, if the other guy installed windows without reformating the comp first, then thats a good indication why everything is screwy...

EgySaint

mostly ur MBR is damaged and i beleive even re-formatting wouldn't help
he needs repartitionning the HD and then install all from scrach