XP Pro and extra hardware . . .

Crash5291

Hey

Mom's computer is runing XP Pro and i'm wondering how much extra hardware can be added before it needs a new Key or code or somthing like that??

just wodering cuze she has asked to use my video card, and DVD burner till i can get the rest of the parts for my system (need to have some dental work done :( )

so can i stuff them in hers use them for a month or so then remove them without windows triping out?

thanks guys

Joe

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Once you have activated the software.. You can put as much hardware as you want into the computer.

I believe if you reinstall the OS with a new video card and dvd burner... the stupid Microsoft activation WILL STILL allow you to activate your OS.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Mom's computer is runing XP Pro and i'm wondering how much extra hardware can be added before it needs a new Key or code or somthing like that??
You can keep adding stuff as much as you want until you are forced to reinstall (at which point you'll need to reinstall the OS). Typically major changes like processor/mobo are what require reinstalls

Crash5291

Well got it all together and turned it on and wasnt working :eek:

then i seen that i had the Hdd and DVD drive both set to master :dummy:

after i switched that to the right settings

all worked well

i can belive how much better that ATI car is than the intigrated video she was useing i will never go back to intigrated video and i love the Tv/radio functions too!

watched Titan A.E. on it after it was all instaled and whatnot WOW it looked 100 times better than the Dvd player and tv down stairs i was way shocked since it just a cheap Dayton 17" monitor she has

anyways thats enough rambling from me

Joe

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i can belive how much better that ATI car is than the intigrated video she was useing I will never go back to intigrated video and I love the Tv/radio functions too!
Most people cant

watched Titan A.E. on it after it was all instaled and whatnot WOW it looked 100 times better than the Dvd player and tv down stairs I was way shocked since it just a cheap Dayton 17" monitor she has
Thats what dot pitch and resolution will do for you :)