XP Pro on SATA HDD?????

SmprUbiSubUbi

Which version of Windows XP Professional would I have to get to install it on a 40GB SATA HDD? I tried an old copy of XP pro but it did not detect my hdd. Also, can a SATA be the slave drive? Thank you.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Did you try installing the drivers during the setup as it. You know, where it asks for RAID drivers. I think I'm using pre-SP1 on my main system(it's being a pain and not using windows update) and it's working fine.

SmprUbiSubUbi

The_Other_One said:
Did you try installing the drivers during the setup as it. You know, where it asks for RAID drivers. I think I'm using pre-SP1 on my main system(it's being a pain and not using windows update) and it's working fine.
It's funny, about 10 minutes after I posted this I put the XP Pro disk in my other Dell...and realized where it said "Press F6 to install SCHI or RAID drivers" or somthing like that. Then went to my Sys. Info and got the extension of where the driver for my particular HD was at. I'm waiting for my other Dell to finish with the XP Pro upgrade and then I think I'm gonna do this one. Hope it's not FUBAR after this :rolleyes: .

BTW: SLOW...noob learning :)