XP Problem?

Bigshow1030

We have windows xp professional and it goes to a black screen with 4 questions:
Start in safe mode
start in safe mode with command prompt
start in safe mode with networking
last good configuration

Any one of these I go to does nothing......it gets to where it wants to load windows but then just reboots again......consistantly? Please guys I need some help with this, my mother is starting to drive me up a wall because she cannot ebay? Any helpwould be appreciated :confused:

Bigshow1030

another one

One more problem.....on a completely seperate computer...we turn it on and it comes up and has just the a:/
IT says insert diskette blah blah blha.......is this something that the computer has lost its path or do i need to break cmos and change its boot up or what? :confused:

dave597

VIP Member
go through the bios disabling a:\ maybe you have a broken drive? pull it out just to check. i dunno whats wrong, i would have to be physically there, or at least more information.

Bigshow1030

ok

I tried to break cmos by holding down the delete key when it is booting up but I am having no luck.....any suggestions? :eek:

Bigshow1030

wow

That is good with the keyboard thing because every now and again it says the keyboard is undetected.........It is a dell if it makes any difference and trust me I know everyones opinion of a dell ;)