XP Search Engines

anthonyrstanley

Okay this is a problem that i keep getting alllllll the time.

While playing a game or serfing for non-cloathed females or whatever hundreds apon hundreds of search windows pop up sounds like a Virus buttttt trust this i don't do viruses i was thinking it was a Keyboard Driver error cause i switch keyboard a lot. If you had this problem before please tell me how to fix.

red onion

Make sure you have all updates for windows, and are clean of spyware and ad ware. That is most likely the problem.

R3D

heyy

yeah i use SP2 and the google toolbar and after I got them I never get any pop ups.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well I never got pop ups :) but when I installed service pack 2 I Uninstalled my popup blocker because the one built into IE is great. So update that if you have not already. My fiace every so often gets attacked by popups with SP2 but that's when I know she's not been keeping her machine clean so remove the spyware and she's good to go.

If you havent already then run all updates and remove spyware and hopefully that helps.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Or if you really really want to avoid popups ... get a serious heavy duty firewall and set it up for whitelisting :p

anthonyrstanley

ahhh i have spy ware adware killerz and a firewall from hell so when i get home from this deploy ment i will get more of each.

The Search engines are like the star>search>files search not a internet pop up deal so i guess i will get the google toolbar as well. And i have SP2. So it must be spy ware.