Xp Sp2

What do you think of SP2

• Total voters

4W4K3

VIP Member
Got it on every single XP machine in the house, have not had a problem with it yet. Everyone says they have probs, but is it coincidence it's running fine on like all 9 of our XP machines? I dunno...works on laptops, stock older machines, stock newer machines, even overclocked newer machines...

SFR

Truth fears no questions
hmm... Did Microsoft really come out with something 100% bug free?

..I wouldn't put my money on it.

BUT... I have yet to come across a problem with sp2.

Like 4W4K3, I have xp pro sp2 on 3 computers and have not come across any problems.

lilpaul2019

sp2 has good things with it that security stuff and what not but make sure u have a good system it can drain ur system if its not a beast

Lax

VIP Member
2 words, "Forced Upgrades". I had it on 1 machine, it had wanted to install a "critical update" I told it no, because I was in the middle of still working on it. SP2 decides it wants to install it anyway and does so, then without warning it reboots saying "Now upgrading please wait."

4W4K3

VIP Member
Lord AnthraX said:
2 words, "Forced Upgrades". I had it on 1 machine, it had wanted to install a "critical update" I told it no, because I was in the middle of still working on it. SP2 decides it wants to install it anyway and does so, then without warning it reboots saying "Now upgrading please wait."

That's why you disable Windows firewall, automatic updates, and about 90% of the rest of SP2 features. I update manually, automatic is more of an annoyance than a convenience.

computerdude2004

Update your antivirus, subscribe to your antivirus for another year, or go out and buy a new antivirus. You can try to find a free antivirus online. My uncle uses Avast! from Alwil Software. It seems to work okay. I think the latest version has a built in firewall as well, but you can disable it.

rexinre

I had Norton but he seems to make everything run super slow. I was thinking of uninstalling that crap and getting MacAfee. I just want the best antivirus to protect my babies!