XP vs Vista

michcio

hello!
I need some advice for which OS to buy. Soon it's my birthjday and I am going to get a own comp. My sister has just bought a laptot with vista and our other computer is Windows XP. When I compere this to OS I seee that XP seems to be a bit easier. There are many programs that you can't install on Vista and that you can easly get to your XP. But I'm not realy into computers and need help to which one I should choose.

brian

VIP Member
well it depends what you need, If your computer does not have at least 1.5GB or ram, i would go with xp. Vista takes up a lot of memory that is for its features. I do like having vista but at the moment there is not much of a need to go up to it. The one benifet of vista is the looks, it has some bells and whisles that xp lages behind but it depends on the computer your getting

michcio

well it depends what you need, If your computer does not have at least 1.5GB or ram, i would go with xp. Vista takes up a lot of memory that is for its features. I do like having vista but at the moment there is not much of a need to go up to it. The one benifet of vista is the looks, it has some bells and whisles that xp lages behind but it depends on the computer your getting

ok ... will think a little bit more for which to choose then .. ty for all your help ;)

paratwa

from everything i have heard vista is useless

pop2.gif

dznutz

it's quite simple. if you buy a computer/laptop and it comes with vista then use it. at this point there's no pressing need to buy the vista upgrade disk. however, vista does offer some good features. to name a few... ready boost... hybrid drives...

Gareth

Definitely get Vista, 1 year on it, and its been the most stress free year I've ever had with PCs.

michcio

I see that there is many answears to my question which makes mevery happy. There are though as many good things about xp like vista which makes me more difficult to choose between them. :D

zaroba

i've used vista since last jan and i've never had a issue with it and compatibility or gaming.

one thing i've noticed on this (and other) forums is that nearly every single person that has trouble with vista has less then 2gb of ram, and nearly every single person that has no trouble with vista has more then 2gb of ram. no matter what else is in the computer.

most people just don't seem to understand that they need more ram to run vista then xp. just like you need more ram to run a brand new high end game then a gamethats 5 years old.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I got Vista and it's great. It takes a few days to get use to, but once I learned where everything is, it's generally a better operating system than XP.