Xp Wireless File Sharing Help!

smiddlewood

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys this is my first post, really really am stuck on this.

got a wiresless network set up at home in the office. all working fine and dandy, can get internet on all 3 computers

we have adsl router
and 2 * usb wireless adapters

the router is on computer 1
one usb on computer 2
and one usb on laptop 1

i have loads of files computer 2 which i want to "share" with laptop 1 to transfer them, as a back up, so i can re-install xp.

ive tried for hours, with xp there seems to be a communication break when looking for information on file sharing and wireless networking.

how can i share my laptop files with computer 2s files, i dont want to interfere with computer 1 (with router) files.\

please please please help me!! at my wits end

Clearwater

smiddlewood said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys this is my first post, really really am stuck on this.

got a wiresless network set up at home in the office. all working fine and dandy, can get internet on all 3 computers

we have adsl router
and 2 * usb wireless adapters

the router is on computer 1
one usb on computer 2
and one usb on laptop 1

i have loads of files computer 2 which i want to "share" with laptop 1 to transfer them, as a back up, so i can re-install xp.

ive tried for hours, with xp there seems to be a communication break when looking for information on file sharing and wireless networking.

how can i share my laptop files with computer 2s files, i dont want to interfere with computer 1 (with router) files.\

please please please help me!! at my wits end

have you tried running the home network wizard??

You might also want to make sure your firewall is turn off if you have Norton or Mccafee.

After you run the network wizard, you have to allow your files to be shared on the network.

To do this, right click on the folder you want to share, go down to properties, then select the share tab.

hope that helps. GOOD LUCK.