XPS or D 630 right business decision?

beda

:confused:I need business laptop as I'm sales person. I'm on the road doing presentations I need clients data base, spreadsheets, video, pictures and graphics on my laptop. After long evaluation and being on budget $ 1300.00 I Thinking to buy Latitude D 630.
I find out that my Dell preferred account can't be use to buy the D 630 I selected. This computer is for sale only on Dell business website. My preferred account can be used only on Dell Home site. Why this Financing restrictions?
On the Preferred account I can buy XPS 1530 or Inspiron 1525. My question is can I upgrade this XPS or Inspiron 1525 to the business standard of D 630 or is there limitations on some applications?
Is XPS good choice ?
This is what I selected for XPS.
Should I Change anything?

XPS M1530, Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 (1.83GHz/667Mhz FSB 2M L2 Cache)

Tuxedo Black Casing XPS M1530 2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm, for XPS M1530 15.4 inch Wide Screen WXGA+ TrueLife LCD with 2.0 MO Camera for XPS M1530 Camera Software XPS M1530 2.0MP 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G 120G 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, English Media Direct 3.3 DELL SUPPORT 3.4,DIM/INSP Internet Search and Portal Icon Consolidation Application Vista, PC-Restore, Dim/Insp Dell Owners Manual installed on your system,click on icon after system set-up to access DELL RESOURCE DVD,BACK-UP, XPSM1530 Turbine Lord of the Rings Online ADOBE ACROBAT READER 8.1 DIM/INSP 8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive for XPSM1530 Roxio Creator Basic Integrated High Definition Audio 2.0 Dell Wireless 1490 802.11a/g Mini Card Trend Micro PC-cillin InternetSecurity, English, 15-Month Subscription 56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion P Primary Battery, for XPS M1530
No Productivity Software requested
Soft Contracts - Banctec 1 Year Limited Warranty No Warranty, Year 2 and 3 Warranty Support,Initial Year Thank you for choosing a Limited Warranty and Service Contract Dell Hardware Warranty PlusOnsite Service, Initial Year Type 3- Third Party At HomeService, 24x7 TechnicalSupport, Initial Year Finger Print Reader XPS M1530 You have chosen a Windows Vista Premium System Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Adobe Pepe,English DataSafe Online Dim/Ins/XPS Datasafe Online 10GB,1 Year Free XPS,Datasafe 10GB,1YR(Incl w/price) To activate your online backupaccount, go to Start, Programs, DataSafe Online Introductory Pricing-One Time Offer S and P Drop-in-Box Marcom forDHS Notebooks

beda

Are you stuck with buying a DELL? If for business only then, i guess it should be good.
I'm stuck only credit i have is on Dell Preferred Account. I did like the D 630 but I can't buy it on that account.. Shuld i upgrate the XPS M 1530 hardware or it is OK?

Last edited:

G25r8cer

I'm stuck only credit i have is on Dell Preferred Account. I did like the D 630 but I can't buy it on that account.. Shuld i upgrate the SXP hardware or it is OK?

It looks good to me! Decent graphics and good ram! The only thing that might hold you back is the hdd but, thats always the case on laptops (space wise). But, that depends if your putting lots of media on it. You have any info on the hdd? Do you know the cache of the hdd?

beda

G25r8cer

The hdd is the hard disk drive or hard drive. I was just wondering some more specs on it but you prob wont find it but thats alright.

Kill Bill

Just get a macbook they are only 999$ and plus you wont have any hassle with dell and their ridiculas shipping:eek: