y is AOL doing this

lerner

ok everytime i go on AOL and imo for like 10 minutes it kickes my off does anyone know what i can do to prevent this? and please dont not say any smart comment like switch ips's or anything like that im staying with aol do any of use have a solution?

Johnnyboy0056

you can try going into your control panel and looking at ur connections and then changing the properties/settings of the connection.

LastTaboo

I'll agree with that...Because it's AOL...There is only one way to fix it. Get rid of AOL. Also, improve your connection - Dialup is obsolete.

Johnnyboy0056

lerner said:
and please dont not say any smart comment like switch ips's or anything like that im staying with aol do any of use have a solution?

i dont think your answer was the one he was looking for LastTaboo ;)

cell4me

banned
What brand of modem do you have and model number? I will give you a command to type in your init string that will keep your connection active in case of telephone time out! What is happening is your line might timeout for a second and your modem thinks you do not have a connection anymore and hangs up! What the command does is gives you the option to set this for say 10 seconds so then instead of one second of no data transfer and hanging up, it will sit for up to 10seconds with out hanging up this fixes dialup disconnects 99.9% of the time!

Camper

It may not be Aol because i've let my Aol idle for an hour and I was never kicked off. I would say it's your modem.

Geoff

VIP Member
Camper said:
It may not be Aol because i've let my Aol idle for an hour and I was never kicked off. I would say it's your modem.

when i had msn, i was able to stay connected for several hours without it disconecting (when i was idle). Its either your modem or aol disconects you after idling for 10 min.

Camper

Aol dose nit kick me off after 10 of being idling but it could be different depending on where you live. But I think it could be the modem. I would try reinstalling AOL and then the device drivers.