yahoo I.M. installation problems

Da Mail Man

greetings,

i downloaded yahoo I.M. from the yahoo site and tried 4x's to install:(.....each time i get the following messages and yahoo can't continue...ya think it could install in safe mode?.

toshiba laptop....xp pro....3.2gh...100gbhd....2gb ram

Attachments

• INSTALLER.jpg
    INSTALLER.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 36
  • YAHOO.jpg
    YAHOO.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 36

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Was it previously installed at any point? You might want to try running Ccleaner to clean out any old installs of it.

Da Mail Man

What operating system are you trying to install it on? If XP, does it have SP2 applied to it already? Try installing the latest windows installer.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6f-60b6-4412-95b9-54d056d6f9f4&displaylang=en

......thanks for the reply....using xp pro...w/out sp2 apparently.....I'll give it a shot......if i use it, will it damage anything i currently have installed already?......

edit...seems that i do not have sp2 installed or with this op sys...says that what i have is LOWER then what i need to install teh hot fix..so, now what?

Last edited:

Da Mail Man

The last one labeled

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe

..UPDATE..the moderator kicks A$$.....

.....i downloaded the installer:
Windows Installer-KB893803-v2-x86 just before i got your message of clarification and direction...i just now was able to install yahoo im....THANKS:):).....

.....now, all i have to do is find a simple program that i can attached a cross over cable to two laptops and without much configuration, transfer files from one computer to the other.....(already tried "alohabob" and it s_cked!)...........THANKS AGAIN FOR THE ASSISTANCE!!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If both machines are XP then its just a matter of hooking up the crossover cable and running the network setup wizard on both machines. Making sure that each machine is named differently and is on the same workgroup. I'm not sure if it will help you but try network magic, not sure if it will work in your case though.

Da Mail Man

If both machines are XP then its just a matter of hooking up the crossover cable and running the network setup wizard on both machines. Making sure that each machine is named differently and is on the same workgroup. I'm not sure if it will help you but try network magic, not sure if it will work in your case though.

If both machines are XP
YES, THEY ARE

then its just a matter of hooking up the crossover cable and running the network setup wizard on both machines.
[U]I TOOK A PEEK AT IT AND IT SPOKE ABOUT DISKETTES OR SIMILAR, I WAS IN A HURRY BUT, DID NOT READ IT AL THE WAY THROUGH[/U]

Making sure that each machine is named differently and is on the same workgroup. I'm not sure if it will help you but try network magic, not sure if it will work in your case though.
I WILL LOOK AT THE PROGRAM..

Thanks!