Year 2038 !!!

cargo

I have an email account on yahoo and receiving spams , which is quite common but what im getting from past 2 weeks : spams which r sent on year 2038 like 20 jan 2038.
i searched on google abt this but didnt get anything interesting, does anybdy knw abt dis ???

omgsauce

banned
It's subliminal advertising, future spam for future products. So when you get to 2038 and those products are available and you see them you will be more likly to choose them then another company because you have seen it before but you wont remember it from such a long time ago.

JUST KIDDING.

No, why they really do it, is so when your e-mail i sorted by date, it'll stay up at the top. All the person has to do is change the date on there computer before they send it.

Robertw18

You guys are obviously just guessing.... It's really just Microsoft.... Everything leads back to Microsoft.... Them and Wal-Mart.... Probably a joint venture.

SirKenin

banned
Everything leads back to Microsoft....

Bill Gates is an alien, didn't you know that? Remember Roswell? Well, they took his spacecraft back to Area 51 and he started his own company. The only reason the stupid ass thing crashed to begin with is because it was powered by Windows.

Geoff

VIP Member
Honestly I think its because most e-mail clients sort e-mail by date, and if the spam said it arrived in 2038, then it will always be at the top of the list.

Robertw18

The real answer is seriously because most clients do sort by date, and the newest messages are normally at the top... you can't usually get any newer than the future... This is just a sign of things to come.... this should be pretty easy to block from a server standpoint though.... just make a Domain Processing Rule that says no mail newer than current time + 12 hours (depending on what timezone you're in) will be accepted. Case closed.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Bill Gates is an alien, didn't you know that? Remember Roswell? Well, they took his spacecraft back to Area 51 and he started his own company. The only reason the stupid ass thing crashed to begin with is because it was powered by Windows.

Ok, that was pure genious... I love it, powered by Windows...