Yellow bar from Yell!

parman7172

More times than often lately when I am surfing, a page will open with a Yellow bar across the top that states.... This page could be a scam. Proceede with caution. Sometime it states in red....This page is probably a scam. Proceede with caution. When this happens, I must wait, which seems like an eternity, before I can back page or close the page. Is this part of IE or is it my security software? Thanks for the help

parman7172

It still happens with my AV off... Also it is not part off the address and security status bar. It pops up and is located just below the new page tab and it goes from one side of the screen to the other.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Follow this procedure and post the logs to make sure you aren't infected.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. Please keep updating until it says you have the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If you continue to experience problems after doing this, please post a HijackThis log by doing the following:

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces along with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log

Vamilvas

It sounds like you have malware, you should install an Anti virus if you dont already have one and run a scan on your computer, free AV's Comodo, Avast, or Avira. Good pay AV's are Norton and Kapersky. Extra security would be using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as stated above, or Hitman pro which combines multiple databases to remove spyware/malware.

Last edited: