Yellow Exlmation mark in taskbar?

HELP_ME

just recently i have been seeing this yellow triangle with an exclamation point (just like the icon for this post) popping up in the taskbar. I head a popping noise, then i appares and when i click on it it disappears. it happens several times a day. anyone know what it is or whats causing it?

HELP_ME

hmmmive been having continuous internet problems recently also. internet is fine for a while then i lose connection and my modem's light all turn off. then after a few min's they slows come back and internet works again. but it may not be related because ive had this problem for a while now and only started seeing the yellow icon in the past couple days

oscaryu1

VIP Member
hmmmive been having continuous internet problems recently also. internet is fine for a while then i lose connection and my modem's light all turn off. then after a few min's they slows come back and internet works again. but it may not be related because ive had this problem for a while now and only started seeing the yellow icon in the past couple days

IP conflict :rolleyes:

Another computer is using the same internal IP as you...

HELP_ME

How do i fix it? ive tried changing my ip before by leaving my modem unplugged for almost a week and nothing changed :/

SirKenin

banned
That sounds like spyware that I've seen recently, but usually it's accompanied by some sort of popup or other annoyance.

Verve

It is caused by a piece of hardware messing up and then fixing itself. At least thats one of the possibilities, I get it when HL2 freezes on me. You should probably check your drivers, ethernet, video card etc.

HumanMage

I get it when i have an IP conflict. It seems my home wireless network is unstable, however I think I know the cause of it.

HELP_ME

hmm well i haven't seen it anymore since i unplugged my modem for a week. and only once has my internet lost signal since then.