yes sound, no mic

chemicalex

i have a problem with my sound card see i can hear sounds but i cant use my mic for some reason :eek:

can any body help?

Holiday

doesn't work for what? are you trying to record or just hear the sound form your speakers? try this: start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Volume Control, Options, Properties, Recording, make sure the Microphone checkbox is checked and click OK, now make sure the Microphone is selected and that the volume is all the way up, now exit the window and see if that fixed your problem :)

chemicalex

yep tried alll those but still it doesnt work

my compter is home build

i tried all the holes but never worked

i am trying to use it for recording/voice chat

Holiday

OK do as follows: start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Volume Control, Options, Properties, Adjust volume for=Recording, show the following volume controls:=all boxes checked, click OK, now post a list of all of the names of the volume controllers.

chemicalex

ok
i got stereo mix, unchecked and max volume
micrphone checked and max volume
CD player, unchecked and max volume
Aux/phone full volume unchecked
Line in full volume unchecked
Wave full volume unchecked

and i have tried another mic, same problem

Johnnyboy0056

MiniRatFck said:
get a new sound card then....or at least open up the computer and make sure its all set in correctly, good luck
?????

dont do this yet. instead, check everything in the colume controls so they are all on. then make sure all their volumes are turned up. then try adn get the microphone to work. if it doesnt work still, we will go from there.

Johnnyboy0056

chemicalex said:
micrphone checked and max volume

wait a second....u mean checked, like the mute box is checked. u need to turn this off by unchecking it, this is urproblem if this is what u mean. the check means it IS muted ;)

chemicalex

ill try those wait 1 minute

*edited*

OK HERES THE NEWS
stereo mix is checked i am getting the mic to work, but i can bearly hearmyself, any idea how can i turn the volume up???

Last edited:

Holiday

ill try those wait 1 minute

*edited*

OK HERES THE NEWS
stereo mix is checked i am getting the mic to work, but i can bearly hearmyself, any idea how can i turn the volume up???

ahhhhh, can't you just play with it for a bit until you figure it out! :p

NeuromancerWGDD'U

Start -> Run -> sndvol32

Go to "Options" then "Properties". Click on "Recording", then click OK. If it doesn't display a column titled "microphone" then go back to the properties and make sure that in the list "Microphone" is checked, then click OK. Under microphone there should be an "Advanced" button (if there isn't then go to Options and click on Advanced). Click on that button, and check "microphone boost". That should do it.

Also, make sure that the volume slider is all the way up.