yet another challenge (sorry, i like these :P )

jimkonow

ok, so....here it goes, my computer-crazy-comrades!!!!!
whats the absolute CHEAPEST you can build a computer with individual parts from the following websites?:

www.tigerdirect.com
www.newegg.com
www.xpcgear.com

challenge details:
*no OS required
*no video cards required (onboard video is acceptable)
*barebones allowed
*at least 512MB ram
*20GB or more HD
*optical drive

lets see who can do the best....everyone gets kudos/cookies for their build suggestions :)
happy hunting!

ill start with my own configuration in a shortly following post~

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
you have no fans in that system :)

Just looking at the powersupply reviews...read this,

I got an 8800GTS grfx card, that killed it in approx. 3 weeks. :\ I shoulda seen that coming, esp. since my system usually remains on for a week at a time. (I download huge torrents, so it needs a constant connection)...4 months running 3 HDD's 1 optical an overclocked E6300, and a 7900GT...I'd say it had a good run. Only complaint is that there weren't enough molex's, cords were long enough in my Centurion 5 though.

ROFLMAO, I'm surprised that computer didn't spontaneously catch on fire and blow up!

oscaryu1

VIP Member
you have no fans in that system :)

Just looking at the powersupply reviews...read this,

I got an 8800GTS grfx card, that killed it in approx. 3 weeks. :\ I shoulda seen that coming, esp. since my system usually remains on for a week at a time. (I download huge torrents, so it needs a constant connection)...4 months running 3 HDD's 1 optical an overclocked E6300, and a 7900GT...I'd say it had a good run. Only complaint is that there weren't enough molex's, cords were long enough in my Centurion 5 though.

ROFLMAO, I'm surprised that computer didn't spontaneously catch on fire and blow up!

ROFLAMO who would trust an $10 PSU for 3x HDD's with an C2D and an 8800? Cmon, get real :rolleyes:

(No, seriously. That guy was an dumb___... literally. 430W with 16A for an 8800 with 3x HDD's?!? ROFL)

vonfeldt7

You know you're an idiot when...

dougland

pretty much anyone not gaming, video editing or doing anything heavy the shuttle system would suffice. I personally love the shuttles, the only thing is they're tiny then again thats why they're shuttle systems