Yod'm 3D

adarsh

Guys, I've just downloaded this and extracted it. How do I use it?
After executing the file Yod'm 3D.exe, it just shows up in me system tray, how do I configure my additional desktops?
Thanks for your help.

BluePlum

banned
Configure? Yodm 3D is ok but buggier then ubuntu-linux. Well ALOT buggier. Its preety pointless in windows. So many bugs! but if you like it, it can be good :D

Last edited:

patrickv

you need a decent card to run YODM even if it support basic video modes, and i do agree its buggy, something when switching from a window to the next the cube may lag, but its a good piece of software in my opinion

adarsh

I have 128MB dedicated card(thats's pretty decent, right?). Can anybody tell me how to make it work?

patrickv

ok you have extracted the files, am assuming you're running the same version as i am.
you've already run YODM3D.exe
the first thing after you've run the exe, a dialog box wil pop up with languages, set up to use english, then go to the "activation key" tab, to assign whatever keys you wanna use (default is ctrl+shift).
then click ok. now it will appear in your taskbar, simply press the key combination + left or right arrow and see if it works, it shud rotate

patrickv

Nothing like this happens. All I can see is Yod'm in my notifications area.

yeah but when you right-click it, does it give you a dialog box ?
like "options" or "exit", if not then it's not working.
try downloading another one :eek:

adarsh

Thanks, it works now. I just figured out what to do. But the only problem is that I have to right click on the Yod'm 3D and select about and then click exit, only then can I access the cube, do you have such problems? Can you help me get around it?

patrickv

Thanks, it works now. I just figured out what to do. But the only problem is that I have to right click on the Yod'm 3D and select about and then click exit, only then can I access the cube, do you have such problems? Can you help me get around it?

No, mines works as soon as it's executed, strange