Your opinion on ASUS G53 ?

Bklyn_playa21

Wasup everyone. So recently I posted about which laptop would be suitable for me and the programs I'll be using on it (adobe photoshop & illustrator & indesign, maya, 3Dmax, BF3, FL studio & scratch live & editing softwares). this is what I found:

ASUS G53
Processor- Intel i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz)

RAM- 8GB DDR3 1333MHz, 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 16GB

500GB HDD (7200RPM); Super-Multi Optical Drive

15.6-Inch FULL HD (1920x1080) LED Display

Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM

Running on Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium. It's going to cost me $900 I think it's a pretty solid deal but I don't know everything about computers lol so some opinions and/or suggestions would be helpful.

Ankur

900$ is solid deal for these specification and Asus laptops are a very good product. GTX 460M is still a powerful card for BF3 and other editing softwares.
I would get it immediately if I get a deal like this.

Bklyn_playa21

900$ is solid deal for these specification and Asus laptops are a very good product. GTX 460M is still a powerful card for BF3 and other editing softwares.
I would get it immediately if I get a deal like this.

Thanks, I thought the specs were relatively well for that price however my main concern is buying a defective computer. I've been reading reviews and I've found problems turning it on because of a power button bug & a sandy bridge bug in the processor when trying to run hard hitting games. Ever heard of these problems ?

Ankur

Thanks, I thought the specs were relatively well for that price however my main concern is buying a defective computer. I've been reading reviews and I've found problems turning it on because of a power button bug & a sandy bridge bug in the processor when trying to run hard hitting games. Ever heard of these problems ?
I have also read many reviews and never heard of any of such problems. Well I have a laptop with lower quality than Asus, I have a Dell XPS 15, its got the Sandy Bridge 2630QM and I have never got any "bug". Bug in processors are pretty uncommon.
BTW are you buying a second hand laptop?

Bklyn_playa21

oh thats a relief lmao. i got a little worried when i saw that, i mean apparently ASUS will give you a full refund if such problem exists. also i heard the power adapter on the side breaks off after too much stress?

No, this is going to be my main laptop for as long as i can get out of it

also, i heard the processor cannot fully operate with the RAM setup in the laptop. a buddy that ordered an alienware told me this is that true?

Ankur

The processor is one of the best for laptops. It won't have any such issues, I will say 0 issues, I have not about a power adapter breaking. How much RAM does your friend have? It is normal if 8GB RAM is not used all time, depends on what programs you are running.

Bklyn_playa21

Just to be clear because I think I messed up what I meant lol, the plug on the laptop were Tha adapter goes into is what were talking about right? My friend has the 8gb 1333nhz ddr3 but when he chose to upgrade his processor, it said that he needed a memory upgrade because it wasnt compatible. It wasnt much of a different one either it was the 3rd processor choice out of 4 (from cheapest to most expensive)