Your opinions on this Best Buy laptop

Shlouski

VIP Member
looks gd, but I only use a laptap to surf the net, I think my acer Turion 2Ghz is great lol. What you use it for?

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
The GTX 260 is what I really like about it. I have an Acer now that has a Celeron M, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, etc. I want to get something a bit better. I found an Acer with a 9500M GS for $649, so I don't know if I want to spend the extra and get that or not.

bomberboysk

That has had some really great reviews, and down the road can be upgraded to a better cpu like a Q9100($199 on ebay). The GTX260M is basically a desktop 9800gt if i remember right.

Shlouski

VIP Member
just buy the cheaper one, you dont have to spent so much more money on one with a better graphics card. If you want to play a game, you gotcha desktop in your sig to play on.

Geoff

VIP Member
Best Buy is also selling one with the same specs as the other Asus, but with a 9800M GS for $850. So hard to decide, haha

Geoff

VIP Member
Be careful of graphics card name inflation. Still that first one is a good deal.

You think you would be getting something with a GTX 260, when really it's something like a rebranded 8800m GTS.

Here's a helpful article: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-280m,2353.html
That article is talking about nVidia revising the 8800GTS 512MB and calling them the mobile GTX 280/260/250, etc. That's something that is true with all GTX 260's, not just a few of them. Still, an informative article though!