youtube help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have firefox and the Plug In that lets me download any video I am watching on youtube to say avi or whatever.

But what if you want to download just the audio???

I tryed changing the extaion to .wav but wen I play it on my desktop it still plays as a video????

jsmart7

No changing the extension will not work. Download a video editor instead. From that extract the sound of the movie, and save it.

thanks but

I tryed opening the video in Audacity and the audio opens and I can see it.
But went I go to play it it just beeps or skips I here no words just beeps and skips

Dystopia

audacity will not work. Download a flv to mp3 convertor. Finding a free one is a hassle, so you will have to either keep using trials, or pay ;)

Dystopia

Yes, that is it. With that, you download the video. then download something like flv2mp3 (its a trial if you do not pay) and convert. The movie will now be a mp3 file.

tremmor

in the tools / addon click on download helper then options. one of them is for mp3. change it then download. ive had for about a year now. it always worked. i think you might also be able to convert with download helper after download.

thanks but

So if I change Download hellper to the one for MP3 wen I want to download sa a video next time do I have to change it back to the other Download helpper???????

massahwahl

VIP Member
Just a heads up... I'm pretty sure its illegal to download videos from youtube and I'm positive we can't discuss it here as several similar threads have been closed on the matter.

brian

VIP Member
Just a heads up... I'm pretty sure its illegal to download videos from youtube and I'm positive we can't discuss it here as several similar threads have been closed on the matter.

It is, We can't help you because it breaks youtubes Terms of Use

Status
Not open for further replies.