Youtube lag

viatical08

So I own 1 desktop and 2 laptops, all fairly old, and they all lag on Youtube while the video is buffering in HD. When it's done buffering it plays smoothly but anyway...I want a laptop just for basic use, not gaming.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...30-824^34-230-824-TS,34-230-873^34-230-873-TS

Let me know if that link works or not.

Would you pick the K55A or the U47A (disregard screen size)? And would you think either one would lag on youtube?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If it does it on all machines then most likely its your internet connection. What speed are you paying for.

Go here and do a speedtest and post your results.

www.speedtest.net

viatical08

If it does it on all machines then most likely its your internet connection. What speed are you paying for.

Go here and do a speedtest and post your results.

www.speedtest.net

Paying for "20-25" megs.

2403354521.png

I mean it buffers 1080p fast enough so that it doesn't stop playing, it just lags like hell until it's done buffering.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried resetting the modem/router?

You should have no problem with that speed. You have the latest flashplayer and java installed?

viatical08

When I go to my friend's house, he's got like 4-5 megs and his doesn't lag and mine still does. Do you think either of those laptops could give me the same problem? I mean mine is really old...1.6ghz dual core, g210m, 4 gb ram. I'm leaning towards the K55A.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Before you go all crazy, have someone bring their laptop to your house and try viewing youtube to see what happens. I find it very uncommon for 3 different machines to have the same issue when viewing youtube. And you don't need that great of a system for youtube videos. A 1.6 ghz dual core should run youtube just fine. What operating systems are on these pc's? Have you tried updating video and lan/wireless drivers?

viatical08

Before you go all crazy, have someone bring their laptop to your house and try viewing youtube to see what happens. I find it very uncommon for 3 different machines to have the same issue when viewing youtube. And you don't need that great of a system for youtube videos. A 1.6 ghz dual core should run youtube just fine. What operating systems are on these pc's? Have you tried updating video and lan/wireless drivers?

Yup. But how could it be a connection issue if it buffers fast enough to watch without a pause?

Havoc

All problems with youtube come from Adobe flash, they have so far never fixed there problem and probably never will..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you ran Ccleaner to delete all your old temp files and flash player files? You also may have a browser addon causing the issue.

viatical08

Have you ran Ccleaner to delete all your old temp files and flash player files? You also may have a browser addon causing the issue.

Yup. And all I have is Ad Block Plus, tried disabling it, didn't help. I would have felt so dumb if ABP was causing it haha. Also tried using Opera, no help.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried in different browsers, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Pale Moon? There has to be some underlying issue here. Can you do a fresh install of windows on one for your machines to see if youtube acts correctly? I would rather do that then spend money on something you don't need right now.

viatical08

Have you tried in different browsers, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Pale Moon? There has to be some underlying issue here. Can you do a fresh install of windows on one for your machines to see if youtube acts correctly? I would rather do that then spend money on something you don't need right now.

No I don't have one of those discs.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If these are store bought pc's then they should have a recovery partition that you can boot into it and restore the pc.

What operating systems are these pc's? Just curious.

viatical08

If these are store bought pc's then they should have a recovery partition that you can boot into it and restore the pc.

What operating systems are these pc's? Just curious.

Well actually only one of them is mine. The 1.6 ghz laptop. The charger just broke this morning and I messed up the battery when I didn't know anything about computers so it only holds like a 30 min charge. It's W7. Yeah I bought a recovery thing for it. I don't know what I did with it after I used it. Are they reusable? Best buy probably jacked the one that came with it.

I'm on a desktop now. It's about 6 years old. 2ghz dual core, 3gb, radeon x1300. Windows vista.

And the other one is a laptop, windows 7. One of those $200 asus netbooks. I think 1.1ghz, 1gb. That thing lags on everything though.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I can see the netbook lagging a little but not the other 2. Don't know what to tell you.