Youtube question

tech explorer

I have a Blu-Ray player, but I don't have a HDTV so I'd like to ask this question.

I've heard you can't copy YouTube videos so I was wondering if you can copy a Youtube video with one of these players?

tech explorer

The Blu-Ray technology was described as a signal from Youtube that would set up the picture on the HDTV. Can this same signal be used to burn a file onto a blank disk in the Blu-Ray player?

M1kkelZR

you can't directly burn onto a blank disk from YouTube, if thats what you mean. You have to have the video locally to be able to burn it.

Origin Saint

I am by no means advocating the violation of the YouTube EULA, but there are many programs and website that can download the entire video from a YouTube URL or just download the audio from one. Most reputable one I could recommend would be DVD Video Soft. It's freeware so no payments or trials.

tech explorer

I figured that since the US Supreme Court advocates copies of videos and videotapes for home use assuming you can use the blu-ray player for such a purpose, it'd be okay to do so with Youtube videos. So far I've learned it's okay to watch Youtube videos on HDTV, but Youtube doesn't want them copied so that part is tricky.

Origin Saint

YouTube explicitly states in the EULA, that a YouTube user is not to watch any YouTube material outside of their website, therefore locally stored YouTube material is in violation of the EULA I'm assuming. Just play it safe in these waters mate, stuff gets tricky and scary when you involve copyrights and patents and such.