Youtube simulation...

VW87

I'm looking for a program that will in effect simulate youtube offline. I basically need a thumbnail preview image for each .mp4 file that I have on my computer, and a full title if possible, which would then open up into a player if I click or double click it. It can be freeware or pay. I've looked around at a couple media organizers, but I don't know if that's what I'm looking for or if there is anything that would work better. Any suggestions would be great! :)

camel lips

I'm looking for a program that will in effect simulate youtube offline. I basically need a thumbnail preview image for each .mp4 file that I have on my computer, and a full title if possible, which would then open up into a player if I click or double click it. It can be freeware or pay. I've looked around at a couple media organizers, but I don't know if that's what I'm looking for or if there is anything that would work better. Any suggestions would be great! :)
Mozilla Foxfire has a ADD ON that allows you to download the video to a FLV file.Just download Foxfire 3 and then add on the "downloader helper" addition.

Then all you need to do is go to CNET and get a FLV player.The FLV player then will play the file much like you see on you tube.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

cohen

So you want to be able to view the youtube videos when not connected to the internet, or in other words, you want be able to download youtube videos?

Cleric7x9

So you want to be able to view the youtube videos when not connected to the internet, or in other words, you want be able to download youtube videos?

no, thats not what he said. he said he wants a thumbnail view of all the .mp4s on his computer, like they have on youtube.

VW87

no, thats not what he said. he said he wants a thumbnail view of all the .mp4s on his computer, like they have on youtube.

Right, I already have the files on my computer. I now need to be able to easily search through them by title and have a preview picture. It really has nothing to do with youtube, but for an example, that's something similar to what I am looking for offline.