YouTube sound keeps opening up repeatedly in FireFox.

NetworkingDunce

That may not make sense but I didn't know how else to describe it. Lately the sound on YouTube has gone nuts on my laptop and I'm not sure what steps to take to correct it.

Basically what happens is the video stutters a lot and the sound starts to play several times without ending the previous audio track, so a canon effect is produced (which I think is the cause of the stuttering). I couldn't even begin to guess what causes this.

Firefox seems to be the only browser that has this problem (only two I've tried is IE and FF though), so I'd imagine it's a problem with that. Flash is updated, Firefox is updated too. I thought it was the plugin-container.exe process causing it but I disabled that and it didn't do anything.

Is this a known issue or what? I've never heard of it before. May just have to switch to Chrome.

cracker2

Are you running 6.0 ?I have a problem on firefox also.Not long after I did that,on youtube sound would mute out if I moved the point around.Like its on 1:06 and I skip to 3:00,it either freezes or continues to play but sound is muted.Not muted like a x on the speaker,volume would be full and no sound.

Last edited:

NetworkingDunce

Yah it's 6.0, but I think it's been happening longer than that. I can't really say as I don't normally browse YouTube on my laptop, just my desktop is having connectivity issues at the moment so I'm kind of forced to use the laptop.