youtube uploading

robina_80

hello people,

how can people upload full length movies to you tube without getting caught as i see loads of tv series up so really its the same as downloading a torrent

can someone explain please

rob

ReMiXeDg

I wonder and have the same question.. They don't get banged out with copy right laws there is a loop hole somewhere in youtube to not get caught and we will learn it one day even though i don't want to do it :)

Darren

Staff member
Not sure but I know that some are up simply because they haven't been noticed by companies and don't get taken down very fast. I know some people will mirror a video (left is right and vice versa) and sometimes raise the pitch of it like 5-10 percent so they can squeeze it past Youtube's copyright filter.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Not sure but I know that some are up simply because they haven't been noticed by companies and don't get taken down very fast. I know some people will mirror a video (left is right and vice versa) and sometimes raise the pitch of it like 5-10 percent so they can squeeze it past Youtube's copyright filter.

I mirrored a Family Guy clip but eventually 20th Century Fox cought up with me.

In any case to answer the OP, they simply haven't been caught by the company that holds the copyright yet.