Youtube videos take forever to load

I mean a really long time, I used to be able to ply videos just fine, with no waiting to buffer or anything, but lately I have to pause for like five or ten minutes to get a video to load. I ran a speedtest and my speeds are normal according to that.

This happens on all the computers on my network. I also tried to reset my modem and router but nothing improved.

bigrich0086

its not you. youtubes servers can only handle soo much bandwidth with the billions of ppl watching videos a day. its a waiting list and you get the speed thats available.

FairDoos

I mean a really long time, I used to be able to ply videos just fine, with no waiting to buffer or anything, but lately I have to pause for like five or ten minutes to get a video to load. I ran a speedtest and my speeds are normal according to that.

This happens on all the computers on my network. I also tried to reset my modem and router but nothing improved.

Tried Clearling your Cookies & Cache etc?

I recommend CCleaner and/or Glary Utilities

PabloTeK

It *might* be the ISP throttling traffic to YouTube because of the demands streaming video puts on the network. If it is this then there's not a lot you can do sadly...

Yeah I was actually thinking it might be my ISP. Oh well, I'm moving in a few short weeks so I guess I can deal with it :D

Concordedly

As I recall, when I was in telemarketing sales for cable, I remember that we really played on the whole YouTube experience... I sold for Comcast, Charter, Patriot, and a few other smaller companies. However, as that was a main selling point, companies are constantly finding ways to screw over the end users. Bandwidth throttling is consistent in cable companies for YouTube, P2P, BitTorrent, etc. DSL is worse though, I promise you that. The local DSL company throttled bandwidth for BitTorrent so bad that I could only d/l at about 5.8 kb/s (All other download speeds were between 256-512 kb/s) It was just the torrents.

Streaming video is a gift but also very unreliable these days IMHO. -shrugs-