Youtube videos

mrgeorgedude

Is it legal to download the videos off of youtube?...and if so, how is it done? Reason is that i wanna put a vid on my myspace, but theres WAY to much swearing and cussing (my parents check my page alot), so i wanted to edit some of it out.

jasonz

not sure if its legal(dont think it is), but if you go to the firefox ad-ons page and do some searches, there are a few plug-ins that i think will accomplish this task.

And i like your avatar

jp198780

i know that YouTube has a code on the far right, 4 like myspace and stuff, just copy the code and paste it in ur myspace profile..

but i think u can somehow download the videos, but dont know how..

mrgeorgedude

i know that YouTube has a code on the far right, 4 like myspace and stuff, just copy the code and paste it in ur myspace profile..

but i think u can somehow download the videos, but dont know how..

Ya i wanted to edit the vid though...i can see how people would probly say its copyright though thats why im asking

jasonz

Yea, im pretty much sure you can get anything free of the internet. Copyright pretty much means nothing for online stuff. Google can pretty much find a crack or something for anything.

Motoxrdude

Yea, im pretty much sure you can get anything free of the internet. Copyright pretty much means nothing for online stuff. Google can pretty much find a crack or something for anything.

Wow, ignorance at its finest. I guess downloading torrents containing copyrighted material is legal since it is off the internet right?
EDIT: O and cracks are illegal.

jp198780

woow jason, everything you said is completely wrong, 'cept the crack part, sure theres cracks, but thats illegal here, u should know that....

jasonz

ok, i know its not right to talk about it here. i was merely stating that it is possible. And i know it is not legal. Did i say that i do it? no. I said you can find it easily.

so how is what i said wrong?

jasonz

Copyright pretty much means nothing for online stuff.

what i meant is that although there are movies, music, and software that have copyright protection on them, it is still possible to get all these some kind of way such as P2P or torrents. I dont see whats so bad or wrong about what i said.

Bottom line, it is possible to get copyrighted stuff off the interned for free. Not saying i do it, just saying its possible. How is that wrong? And i mean wrong in context, not in virtue.

Plus, i dont have much reason to get it illegally. I get free music downloads and a lot of free or very cheap software through my college. And I have access to just about any kind of software you can think of whenever i want.

Last edited: