youtube

Michael Hobson

Have tried everything I know to correct, you tube either shows an error occurred message, most of the time or I can hear the sound but the screen is all black, please help, my computing skills are a bit limited Thanks

Punk

Staff member
Are you using an app, website? Tablet? Laptop? Specs? What error happens? When? What OS are you using?

Michael Hobson

Hi I'm using a Lenovo laptop bought about 3 yrs ago. I'm on internet explorer with quite a few you tube videos saved in my favourites list.When I click on them the screen shows an error occurred please try again later or I get the sound and just a black screen. I have yesterday upgraded to Windows 10 thought I had to before the free upgrade is passed,I literally hate it no permanent favourites list displayed on the left seems not available on Windows 10. You tube seems to work better but is extremely slow on internet explorer if it works at all, have really fallen out with the computer Thanks.

Darren

Staff member
If you're having problems post upgrade then I would advise doing a clean install as that helps a lot of weirdness after upgrades. If you can't do that, then at the very least make sure you have all the latest drivers. Go to Toshiba's website and use their auto detect utility and install the latest video drivers and audio drivers.

Michael Hobson

Problems were pre upgrade that was why I decided to upgrade to windows 10, thought it might get rid of the problems which it did, but made internet explorer very very slow, so now use edge but still don't like it.