YouTube's being a pain, and suddenly my life has become pretty borin

aerslan

this is my first time writing here so a warm hello to everyone:)

recently ive been problems while accessing the website.. usually once i go to youtube (ive posted a photo) there are no buttons and nothing at all works

1.jpg

and if i click on a video it gives me the usual old java script message as such

java.jpg

funny thing is when i go to the youtube's internal help page all the buttons seem to work properly

help.jpg

here is what ive tried to do on my IE7 but nothing has worked so far

1. remove the java and re-install it compltly
2. format my computer and re-install the windows (i must be pretty desperate)
3. go to internet options - security - custom settings -

(i) ActiveX controls and plug-ins (enable)
(ii) Display video and animation on a player that does not use external media player (enable)
(iii) Download signed activex controls (enable)
(iv) Run Activex controls and plug-ins (enable)
(v) Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting (enable)

but it still wont work.. currently im using worldcall broadband cable 256kbs and am based in lahore
and oh yes, other websites with embedded players like photobucket and videojug are working just fine

im seriously a noobie when it comes to computers, but anyone who could help would be more than welcome

Aziek

im pretty sure the problem is not on your end. Its happened to me before too i just waited like 10min and it was all sorted out. How long has it been happening to you?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That page loads just fine for me. I would say try downloading the new flash player and shockwave player. It's obviously a plug-in related issue.

aerslan

okay so i tried www.unblocked.org and something wonderful just happened.. the website actually opened up and started working.. but once i click on the video it gives me the same flashplayer thing.. so this must mean that its being blocked by my isp or something..

i guess now with this diagnosed all we need to do is find a way around this, anyone with any ideas