Zalman 9700 problems

lucky7

Alright this is my first build so forgive me if u sound like an idiot. Anyway im installing my 9700 and i felt like it started out easy. I installed the backplate and the clip support and put the screws through easily. Then i put the thermal paste on the cpu and placed the fan on top of it. Then i put the s clip onto the fan and installed on of the gold screws into it. However the s clip is no secure in one spot but it now standing up on the other. Should it require a good amount of force to put the other screw into place. Cause it would mean i would have to push the s slip pretty hard.

lucky7

alright i installed it without problems but after i finally connected everything i realized something. The fan is the opposite direction i c other people zalmans. Will it be a problem or does it just look funny.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
alright i installed it without problems but after i finally connected everything i realized something. The fan is the opposite direction i c other people zalmans. Will it be a problem or does it just look funny.

With your current setup, the airflow is going in the opposite direction. You want to pull air from the front, through the back, so you need to have the fan blade directed toward the front of the case.

And yes, it does look kinda funny. :p

lucky7

ok ill fix it when i get a chance but im having a bigger problem. I just turned on my comp for the first time without plugging it into the monitor. Immediatly it purred and the fans lit up but a few seconds after it turned off and then turned back on again. Wat could be the problem?

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
There could be a number of issues. First, be sure that all your components are firmly plugged in and seated properly.