Zip-tie things??

grazhopper

I have observed zip-tie things around my wires in order to cut down on surface area. Do these come with a component of the PC or do I need to buy them seperately? Where can I buy these? Also, do they really do that much for the PC? Can I use rubber bands or something else to do the same job?

pfclassic

you can really use anything, zip ties work good tho. I once used bigger zipties to hold the bumper on my car for 3 months.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Big Lots has them :p Most any hardware store should have them. They aren't computer specfic. Probably would have better luck outside of computer stores. But yeah, biglots if you could go there. Get some cheap ones...

Anything to bound the wires would be fine. You're main concen is shorting something out or something getting caught in a fan.

Geoff

VIP Member
I got mine at big lots, got about a hundred for a buck or two. They make the inside of your case look better and allows better air circulation when you tie up all your wires together.

grazhopper

I was thinking.... Could I just turn the power supply wires around, in like a spirally way, to cut down on surface area. Or would that be dangerous to the actual wires??