Zonealarm blocking sites..

Waff

Sometimes when I open my browser(firefox) ZoneAlarm blocks access to some webs until I reopen it or restart the com... why? Those webs are like yahoo.com google.com etc but I'll still be able to go certain websites somehow...After awhile then it allows access sometimes...
ZoneAlarm blocks access frequently when I surf the Internet..
Why does this happens ? Any way to solve this? Or should I just use Windows FireWall?

Last edited:

ryurich

What version of ZoneAlarm are you using? I found the ZoneAlarm Security Suite to be quite spontaneous at times, not to mention slow. Sometimes, if you have the settings set to automatic, ZoneAlarm will not be able to decide if that certain program should be blocked or not, behaving differently every time you go to certain internet sites.

Waff

The free version of zonealarm

so what settings is recommended so it doesn't block sites randomly?

Some sites that have their servers near my country or in my country never gets blocked though..

ryurich

I still dont know what free version you are using, but if it is blocking sites not from your country, then it obviously has it's internet setting messed up. If you go to internet setting, or internet firewall (depending on the version of ZoneAlarm you have) then you should be able to add to an "allowed site" list, listing the sites you want access to. If that doesn't work, try disabling ZoneAlarm Internet Protection altogether, and if the sites still dont come up, then the problem is not the program.

terii

I think you will find that the free version of Zonealarm will do this spontaneously. There is no rememdy that I know of. I have seen this behavour on many computers and the only remedy I can suggest is to upgrade to the Pro version of Zonealarm. I have found it works flawlessly. Zonelabs will not give you any support on the free version. I have been led to beleive that this is by design but cannot be sure.

shakir

Security Issue

firefox have some problem with the security , even some sites are preferring only IE ...eg. some back site