Zotac GeForce 9500GT GPU

votter

I'd just like to point out that the zotac GeForce 9500GT GPU has that higher pitched noise running some things.

This is normal from what Zotac Chat representatives have said. Thought I'd just let people know on this card.

Thanks for your time,

Robert

linkin

VIP Member
I don't think it's normal. It's coil whine or squeeling caps which means there might be something wrong.

danthrax

I'd try to chat with someone different from Zotac again and see what someone else says. Not all representatives know what they're talking about and, like Linkin said, that does not sound normal.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I'd just like to point out that the zotac GeForce 9500GT GPU has that higher pitched noise running some things.

This is normal from what Zotac Chat representatives have said. Thought I'd just let people know on this card.

Thanks for your time,

Robert

Depends if its a coil. Or your just hearing the fan speed up.

votter

It's not the fan speed, because if I turn the fan up, it clearly makes just the normal fan noise.

It's the squealing/whining you hear sometimes. Like for example chess titans makes it on loading and when each chess piece moves. And you can hear it a little if you are close to it when dragging windows around, but that ones not really noticable.

Alright, I'll talk to another one and see what they say.

linkin

VIP Member
It's definately not part of the design, but it's not exactly a major flaw either. If it's really bad and constant it could warrant an RMA.

Okedokey

Not doing as it is suposed to and under most consumer protection laws currently, they have to prove it was working when they sold it to you, even then I would imagine it is under warranty. Either way, that is a sign that it may die. What PSU do youhave and what are your other specs? Ocassionally insufficient amperage on the 12V rail can cause this too.

votter

intel i5 750
coolmaster 212+ cpu cooler
P55-USB3
4GB DDR3 1600 ADATA memory
wd caviar black hard drive
lite-on dvd drive
Geforce9500 GT graphics card

Power Supply: Thermaltake purepower 500w

linkin

VIP Member
The only way you get anything replaced is by peing polite and asking nciely... RMA departments don't really like aggressive people.

I guess I'm saying just be reasonable, if they doubt you then state the facts.