Zotac??

Aidan D

Hello, I was just wondering if Zotac produced good graphics cards. Price wise, it looks like they are the cheapest.

Calin

What's the specific GPU you're looking to buy? If it's the reference/founders model it's the same as other brands.

spirit

Staff member
Zotac are decent. They're often a bit cheaper than other brands. If the card is a lot cheaper I'd go for it, but if another brand like EVGA or MSI or ASUS is only a little more I'd probably choose one of those myself.

beers

Staff member
Most of the time, when buying a reference card you're really just choosing who will potentially facilitate your warranty if you run into any issues. Most manufacturers simply utilize the design provided via AMD including exactingly similar reference cooling units. Many of the more established vendors have a superior claims/RMA department for a couple extra dollars associated with the product.

There seems to be a few more articles for poor support experiences floating around for Zotac and similar, smaller organizations.
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/rekeb/regarding_zotacs_reliability_my_experiences_as_a/

Zotac's been around for a while, though.

Aidan D

Zotac are decent. They're often a bit cheaper than other brands. If the card is a lot cheaper I'd go for it, but if another brand like EVGA or MSI or ASUS is only a little more I'd probably choose one of those myself.
Another question that was on my mind is if the 2GB version and the 4GB version have a noticeable difference in quality and power.

Calin

Another question that was on my mind is if the 2GB version and the 4GB version have a noticeable difference in quality and power.
I would honestly go with 4GB. Games are starting to use more than 2GB now days, even at 1080p.

spirit

Staff member
Definitely 4GB! Modern titles are consuming about 3GB of VRAM playing at just 1080p depending on settings and the game.

I'd always recommend 4GB. I have a GTX 760 and I'm pleased I went with the 4GB version.