ZUMA - 32-bit software on Windows 7 64-bit

J D

My 70 year old uncle loves the game Zuma Deluxe but just bought a new computer with windows 7 64-bit and the Microsoft website doesn't confirm whether Zuma is officially compatible with it or not. I tried it on my computer which has windows 7 32-bit and it works fine. I have two questions: does it make any difference whether the OS is 32 or 64 bit in terms of software? And if it does, is there any chance that installing 32-bit software on a 64-bit system will hurt the computer?

Last edited:

TFT

VIP Member
First off attempting to install it will not hurt the computer. I don't think there is a definitive answer, some 32 bit software will work in a 64 bit environment whereas others won't.
Some installs will stop when it sees a 64 bit OS and won't let you go any further, some will appear to install but won't run so try it and see.
Make a restore point first in case you run into any difficulties.

J D

Thanks for the reply TFT. If it were my computer I would just install it and see what happens but my uncle is 70 and he's not comfortable with system restore. What kind of 'difficulties' could arise?

TFT

VIP Member
I don't foresee any difficulties, its just playing safe as with any install. If it did happen to install but not run, the uninstaller should take care of it but if not, then restore back to as it was before.