Zune or ZVM... or maybe the IPOD

jjbpenguin

I had a Zen Vision M for slightly over a year, and it was great, i piled music and videos on it, and it played everything perfectly. One of my favorite features was that I coudl throw .avi files on it without converting and it played them without problems.

Sadly, right before a trip, <30 minutes before walking out the door, my zen died. Don't know how, and all recovery methods have been futile. At this point I am thinking that my best option is to sell it as scrap on ebay and start fresh. My first thought was to buy a new ZVM but thought i should look up the competition.

If anyone has experience with one or more of these players and would like to offer me their wisdom, it would be appreciated. This will be used mostly for watching tv shows that are usually in .avi format, so an easy converting or lack of converting would be preferable. I look forward to your comments.

-- If this post is in the incorrect location i apologize, I did not find a category that better suited a portable media player.

massahwahl

VIP Member
The Zune is an amazing music player despite what Ifanboys will try and tell you. If you have a wireless network, you can sync music wirelessly. There are also some fantastic mods that will remove the 3-play, 3-day rule for music squirting and also a mod to remove the DRM when you download from the Zune store. It gets my vote all the way!

dougland

I've got an iPod but and the new iPod classic is only $249 for the 80GB idk how big you need but that one is sweet, i haven't toyed with the zune much the only thing i like abou thte iPod is the after market battery replacement services everywhere, makes getting a new battery as well as repairing your iPod much easier than a zune. But the zune from what i know is really great.