zune question

newguy5

i had to format my computer and my zune mp3s are on a separate drive so they are good but the zune pics/videos were on the drive that got formatted, so if i start up zune will they automatically get deleted from the zune device? how can i pull them off the zune so i don't lose them?

kobaj

VIP Member
I believe that unlike an ipod, you can plug it in and zune software will come up and ask if you want it as a guest or an official zune for that pc. If you select guest it wont delete it (I also think if you press official it wont delete it, but lets go on the safe side).

Alternatively you can use this hack. Which makes the zune an external hard drive whenever the software isnt turned on.

Good luck :D.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Just to clarify, I have an iPod and it doesn't delete songs that are not currently on my PC. As long as you don't choose the "sync libraries" option, it won't delete stuff on the iPod. As for the Zune I'm not sure, but I just wanted to clarify that point...

massahwahl

VIP Member
No it wont delete anything if you choose guest. Then just simply go into your device from the zune program and copy everything back to your pc. Anything you purchased from the marketplace can be restored too by going into settings>marketplace then there is an option that says update purchased products or something to that effect.

Zunes are so freaking awesome :D

newguy5

actually i did official. it says that it will update from now on but otherwise anything on the zune currently will not get wiped. so i used that option and everything stayed. thanks for the help.