Antivirus poll

Which antivirus do you use???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sshaggy

I dont know whether this poll has been posted before??
I woiuld like to know about the antivirus software, people out there are using. i am mentioning about the famous brands only. Rest all are included in "others".

Last edited:

diroga

I was using AVG free up to 8 when it started getting really slow then i switch to Avast. I like Avast because you can customize it more that AVG, but you cant set it to shutdown the computer when it is done doing a harddrive scan like AVG.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kaspersky user here....i like it very much.

Ive used AVG,Avast,Nod,Eset security in the past and none imo has been as good as Kaspersky.

Kasperskys licences are cheap too :)

diroga

AVG and Kaspersky are both around $30 for the first year or two. Kaspersky has some issues with Counterspy locking up windows in normal mode but im not sure if thats fixed now.

ScOuT

VIP Member
Symantec Endpoint Protection. I have it installed on all 3 computers. It's a great program with many features. I get it free from work, that's a pretty good price:)

I did use AVG for the longest time. My daughters computer got a nasty virus from one of those "Glitter Graphics" sites for Myspace. It infected it so bad I had to reload Windows for her. AVG did nothing to that virus...did not even detect it in a scan.

After fixing my daughters computer, I did a scan on mine with AVG...detected nothing. I installed Symantec and ran a scan...19 Trojans found and quarantined.

I'll never trust AVG again.

tremmor

Kasperskys security suite for 3 computers. works well and is cheap. One thing i do like about it. all the computers don't have to be in the house. Even if i give it away i can take off one computer and put on another. At least according to them.

TFT

VIP Member
AVG Internet Security package, not had an incident (that I know of) in the two years I've had it.