are swedes retarded or am I just mentallyhandicapped when it comes to comps?

gamerman4

It's all the same.. It's still stupid saying that the only reason the disinfection feature is there is so that the user feels safer.

Disinfection tools are made for specific threats.

AVs are more general and try to cover everything.

So yes they are basically the same thing.

atentora

Did this thread really happen... I feel like it's just made up... People can't be that stupid and follow people onto another forum to arguee...

gamerman4

Did this thread really happen... I feel like it's just made up... People can't be that stupid and follow people onto another forum to arguee...

Thank you!! I seriously was thinking the same thing but I felt like replying anyways. He seriously must be very very bored.

Punk

Staff member
That's total BS.

A format is an easy "lazy" to remove for sure any virus (but I've seen viruses that make formatting impossible). You can delete a virus forever as long as you have deleted the "root" file that downloads other viruses/trojans. Once you've done that, make sure any files from the virus have been deleted and it's gone.

What can happen, is that if the virus changed some files, opened some ports, you have to make sure you repair them or close those ports because it could go back to it. If you have cleaned every trace of the virus on your computer, you're good to go :)

atentora

That's total BS.

A format is an easy "lazy" to remove for sure any virus (but I've seen viruses that make formatting impossible). You can delete a virus forever as long as you have deleted the "root" file that downloads other viruses/trojans. Once you've done that, make sure any files from the virus have been deleted and it's gone.

What can happen, is that if the virus changed some files, opened some ports, you have to make sure you repair them or close those ports because it could go back to it. If you have cleaned every trace of the virus on your computer, you're good to go :)

A friend of mine got one of those once. Ended up spending over $500 with the geek squad to tell him they couldn't reformat it and that he needed a new harddrive. He listened to me after they told him that getting a new 100 gig harddrive and it installed would cost him about $300. I got $50 and he got a new 300 gig harddrive for less that $200 (a couple years ago). I get calls from people now thanks to him.

(so it doesn't seem like I'm bashing Geek Squad, they have gotten much better. Still too pricey if you ask me, but they at least know what is going on)

gamerman4

(so it doesn't seem like I'm bashing Geek Squad, they have gotten much better. Still too pricey if you ask me, but they at least know what is going on)

No, no, don't be nice to them. Bash em, bash em hard. Geek Squad is Best Buys way to rip people off even more. C'mon they charge you $70 just to tell you what is wrong with your comp before they even start repairing it. If you ever need your comp repaired and you have enough money to call geek squad. Just buy a brand new computer. Imagine if geek squad ran CF, it would be like $100 per post.

Last edited:

atentora

Eh, I give 'em points for trying. Wouldn't trust them with my comp though. Plus without them part of my fun in Best Buy would be gone :p

gamerman4

I think every Geek Squad member should be both A+ certified and an MCTS if they are going to charge that much.

SHO

no, no, don't be nice to them. Bash em, bash em hard. Geek squad is best buys way to rip people off even more. C'mon they charge you $70 just to tell you what is wrong with your comp before they even start repairing it. If you ever need your comp repaired and you have enough money to call geek squad. Just buy a brand new computer. Imagine if geek squad ran cf, it would be like $100 per post.

lmfbo!! :d