Battlefield 3 Thread

linkin

VIP Member
Loving the map Kharg Island on Conquest mode, Its allot of fun taking out jets with a Stinger. :D

Getting use to the controls better now aswell,I need to play more medic though and unlock those defibs.

Anyone know when we will see Wake Island appear?

Kharg Island is a favourite of mine as well :) Support is a blast with the type 88. Also loving the AKs-74u with the 3.4x scope.

Not a fan of the M16/M4 rifles though. Can't wait to unlock the G36C!

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Does anyone else feel that there are many things left out of this game from BF2 and BFBC2?

Things such as:

-The little lines you get that shows where your squad is attacking. It's such a useful little feature. Right now I hear "Attack this position" from my squad leader, and I can't figure out for the life of me where I'm attacking because the mini-map is so damn confusing.

-Car horns. It has always been in the game, why did they get rid of it? It's useful to tell your teammates to hop in.

-Ability to call out for medic and ammo. I can't want to run around until I find a medic, then look at him just to ask for a damn medic bag.

I feel like these features are so obvious and I have no idea why Dice decided to get rid of them. Currently besides the stunning graphics and sound, I really don't feel like I'm playing a battlefield game at all.

Rubbish, a 6950 cannot run BF3 at 1920 x 1080 at max. Simply cannot. I mean full AA, max textures the whole lot. Not a selective 'max' setting. Try a full battle scenario on Caspian Borders in MP. You will fail. I am vindicated by the statement below:

Im sorry but 4xAA is not "completely" maxed out lol, plus if you are only getting 60FPS with 2 cards, your performance with one card will be (by definition) less than 30FPS, which is rubbish - in fact, unplayable. Not 'smooth as silk'.

Crank it up to proper max, including max AA and HBAO and you'll get pwned with that set up.

Source

Source as above

Secondly, VRAM is pretty much maxed on a 1.5GB card with BF3 due to the hi res textures during Ultra play. If you plan on using anything higher than 1080p you will need more VRAM. Period.

Read my post again. I said I get 60fps constant with VSYNC ON. Hence the 60fps constant. Without v sync I hit 90-100 fps depending on the map. The lowest I ever see is a low spike of 40fps. I do not play without v sync very often so it always sits at 60fps.

I only have the option of running 4x AA in the menu and everything in my CCC is maxed for 3d applications.

When you show me a noticeable difference in visuals in AA over 4x then I will stop calling 4x maxed. And yes, I am running HBAO as well.

I will keep enjoying my maxed out BF3 on my sissy 6950 setup running completely smooth at 1080p.

And the reason I know for a fact that it runs WELL on 1 card is because I had to play it in windowed mode with eyefinity on for the menus to appear. I was averaging 35-50fps EASY with the same settings stated before. You cannot use crossfire in windowed mode so it only uses one card.

I have yet to notice any issues with my 1gb cards on this game. Now, if I did have the ability to up my AA as high as yours then I would probably have a significant FPS loss. But I have never ran anything over 2x or 4x because I see NO difference in visuals. Only performance loss.

If I did have an issue.. I would go out and buy two 3gb 580s. I am not a person hurting for money trying to defend my budget system. I run what it takes to max a game and that is it. When I cannot, I upgrade.

Last edited:

JLuchinski

Yeah I can only get 4xaa as well. I get between 45-60 fps @ 1080. I tried cranking it up to 32xmsaa or whatever in the Nvidia control panel and didn't see any difference and absolutely no drop in performance. Maybe I didn't do it correctly? But yes I agree, for everyone "maxed out" is everything in the game menu set to as high as it can go, not by your control panel settings forcing it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^ its going to be december sometime. I dont think an actual specific date has been given

Hopefully, Cant wait to see this map in DX11..i think it was a great map in BF2.

Kharg Island is a favourite of mine as well :) Support is a blast with the type 88. Also loving the AKs-74u with the 3.4x scope.

Not a fan of the M16/M4 rifles though. Can't wait to unlock the G36C!

Yeah the AKs-74u is wicked, I also don't like the M16/M4 rifles and some of the iron sights on the weapons are horrible, hard to see with them. :cool:

Does anyone else feel that there are many things left out of this game from BF2 and BFBC2?
-Car horns. It has always been in the game, why did they get rid of it? It's useful to tell your teammates to hop in.

I was also wondering why they left out the Horn on the jeep, But i bet its been suggested millions of times on their forums so hopefully they will implement it.

Not having any luck with the Jets at the moment, I just cant fly the bloody things.
:cool:

xxmorpheus

I am experiencing great scaling on 3 6950 and bulldozer. Absolutely everything on ultra and HBAO with maxed out AA/AF/MSAA. 210% scaling, constant 60fps with vsync.

linkin

VIP Member
So I was in game and two dudes were arguing about stingers. One dude was complaining because the other dude kept killing him with the stinger. Basically he was crying because he can't void a missile, and the other dude blurts out "CRY SOME MORE, YOUR TEARS FULE MY STINGER" at it was so funny I almost wet myself :D

salvage-this

Rubbish, a 6950 cannot run BF3 at 1920 x 1080 at max. Simply cannot. I mean full AA, max textures the whole lot. Not a selective 'max' setting. Try a full battle scenario on Caspian Borders in MP. You will fail. I am vindicated by the statement below:

I don't really care if you believe me or not. But I played through at whole campaign maxed at 1920x1080, full everything, HBAO enabled. I saw no lag. FPS in the low 40's. I play in multiplayer with the same settings. I would turn it down if I saw a need to.

Reminder: This is not a stock 6950. I have another 140MHz on the core and another 100MHz on the memory. I wouldn't think that a 6950 at stock would do as well.

Aastii

VIP Member
I don't really care if you believe me or not. But I played through at whole campaign maxed at 1920x1080, full everything, HBAO enabled. I saw no lag. FPS in the low 40's. I play in multiplayer with the same settings. I would turn it down if I saw a need to.

Reminder: This is not a stock 6950. I have another 140MHz on the core and another 100MHz on the memory. I wouldn't think that a 6950 at stock would do as well.

I can believe it given I was getting 60+FPS constant on a stock 560Ti at 1280x1024

I want to play it on my TV but my HDMI cable broke, so can't until I get a new one. that an PC gaming on a TV sucks royally because it feels so wrong gaming with my mouse on the floor and keyboard on my lap

awildgoose

I'm liking the game, except for the lag I sometimes get. Also, how it is launched.
I'm not sure why people aren't liking flying, I love flying in the game. Mainly scout heli's, they are my favourite, so easy to fly.

pallethecop

Yeah but the point is most people who are right into gaming do play at 1080p. And at that resolution, 1 GTX580 wont cut it at ultra settings. Trust me.

Disagree, played the game with ultra settings @ 1080p resolution, had an average fps of 40!! and I only have a single 5870!

linkin

VIP Member
funny-gifs-ghost-recon.gif

mrjack

VIP Member
I'm really looking forward to getting BF3. I'm holding out until at least next week for a couple of reasons:
-for the sake of my education (I have 2 exams this week and loads of homework)
-allow time for DICE to fix the major bugs and improve server stability
-save up a bit of money