Battlefield 3 Thread

GSAV55

Hey, I'm looking for people to play with that are down to use voice chat and coordinate, play tactically, etc. Add me GSAV55 on origin. Just send me a message with the friend req that you're from computer forum.

just a noob

Did anyone else see the vid from caspian beta wher ethe pilot was getting one hit kills with the AGM on jets?

Im lucky to get a vehicle disable :/ i usually have to dive and cannon the tank to death after hitting with agm, what gives :/

is there a specific way to hit the tank with the missiles or do have they been nerfed since the beta?

Side note; does anyone know a date for the next patch, dice are supposed to be buffing jet weapons which hopefully means agm's will be buffed. Would like to now if anyone has info.

Gotta hit the tank from behind, you get like a 1.5x damage multiplier or some such thing that way.

SuperDuperMe

How would i pull this off? just shoot it from behind, or do i have to be high/low?

No matter what i try i always end up finishing them off with a guided missile.

just a noob

How would i pull this off? just shoot it from behind, or do i have to be high/low?

No matter what i try i always end up finishing them off with a guided missile.

I think so, basically just aim for any place but the sides and front :p

One hit from a guided missile in the back should disable it.

Hey, I'm looking for people to play with that are down to use voice chat and coordinate, play tactically, etc. Add me GSAV55 on origin. Just send me a message with the friend req that you're from computer forum.

I sent you a FR. My origin is donuts21783.

mrjack

VIP Member
Just unlocked the IRNV for the M416 and now I truly understand why people would like to see it nerfed.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone enjoy sniping in this game much?..Ive not come across many snipers lately and i usually play conquest mode on large maps...ive had a dabble at sniping but with how the sniper rifles are at the moment i can see why not many people use them.

Seen quite allot of people asking dice/ea to make the sniper rifles more like they were in BC2 on the get satisfaction forums...I hope they do adjust them.

As for the class I play in 98% of the time, Engineer... just unlocked the Foregrip for the A-91.
This has to be my favourite weapon in the game so far,PP-2000 comes a very close second.

Should be unlocking the Javelin soon too, All good stuff.

claptonman

I do. I play hardcore so with the SV98 its usually one hit kill. Still getting used to leading them and the drop shot on them.

SuperDuperMe

Does anyone enjoy sniping in this game much?..Ive not come across many snipers lately and i usually play conquest mode on large maps...ive had a dabble at sniping but with how the sniper rifles are at the moment i can see why not many people use them.

Seen quite allot of people asking dice/ea to make the sniper rifles more like they were in BC2 on the get satisfaction forums...I hope they do adjust them.

As for the class I play in 98% of the time, Engineer... just unlocked the Foregrip for the A-91.
This has to be my favourite weapon in the game so far,PP-2000 comes a very close second.

Should be unlocking the Javelin soon too, All good stuff.

The a 91 is amazing, i unlocked the g36c but it just doesnt compare as iv got a wierd liking for iron sights lately. Iv got most of the sights for the a 91 i just choose not to use them. i think i have like 220 kills with it :p

As for sniping i was on devmand peak yesterday, and did some annoying. i heli'd onto the broadcasting tower thing, and got a killstreak of about 8 ( i was defending) then an admin killed me for base raping apparently :/

Iv not tried the javelin, but i did find out if a recon soflams air targets you can take them out with jet agm's, im not 100% on it working with jets but it works on heli's.

Another thing to unlock is air radar, it says it only shows air assets but it shows all vehicles and enemy equipment too. Iv barely been killed in a jet because of it, so easy to see where other jets and vehicles are. most of my jet deaths are due to suicide.

on another note i finaly maxed jets :D so if anyone needs a pilot ask me :D because imo im good :p

Ankur

Which gun is better the A-91 or G36C?
I am finding it hard to find a difference between them. I am using the G36C more as it was unlocked after the A91.
BTW how many stars do we have to unlock in Engineer class? I am almost going to unlock the star 2.
I want to max out the Engineer class, I think it is 3 stars only not sure.

SuperDuperMe

Not sure about stars, im on my way to second too :p, i feel that the a 91 is better due to the iron sight, however, in hc the g36c is more powerful and has a faster rate of fire (that what it feels like anyway) so if you can live with the g36c iron sight then i would say the g36c is the better of the two although not by much.

Ankur

Iron sight?
I use the IRNV scope all time, the heat radiator thing. But I need 100 kills for that, I see A91 needs 125 kills to unlock INRV.

mihir

VIP Member
So I finally played BF3.
Here is what I thought of it.
Music is excellent so are the menus. But the videos where they present the mission and all other things are more fancy on Call of Duty MW3.
The game looks far more pretty compared to MW3 and also the difficulty level is also better than MW3.
But within 10 minutes of gameplay I found many things which I did not like. It might be because of the extremely high expectations from the game. Like not all things cannot be broken. Dogs and rats cannot be killed using bullets. And you can stand on air, if you jump on a dust bin you can float on the open side of the dust bin.
The graphics are pretty amazing. After playing BF3 I immediately turned on BFBC2 and I felt the difference.
I haven't tried playing it online yet.
I am running the game on Auto settings Full HD resolution with my GTX 275.Runs fine no lag no problems. Haven't recorded the frame rate yet.
Also I love the new minigames they have introduced. And the gun sounds are just plain delightful :D

SuperDuperMe

iron sight is basically no added weapon sight. i dont like using sights :p unless its a sniper :p

btw has anyone else managed to get a kill with the mav? i cnt do it :mad:

Ankur

iron sight is basically no added weapon sight. i dont like using sights :p unless its a sniper :p

btw has anyone else managed to get a kill with the mav? i cnt do it :mad:

Hmm, are you able to aim faster with iron sights? and I kill lots of mavs lol when they try to kill me.
BTW which class has the mortars, the M60? Is it all in support?
Also I have noticed that I get more kills when I have a ping of 20-30 compared to 150 lol, that is big difference.

Last edited:

SuperDuperMe

yeh the mortar is support.

And i dont think you aim more quickly with iron sights, unless you compare it to like rifle scopes as they have a slower ads.

And i think iv only ever shot one mav, never killed any one with one :p

Ankur

Here you can see you can kill a guy with a mav
[YT]hqSKAmFFuOI[/YT]

Here you can see you can ride a MAV haha just vertically
[YT]8W8AEKb8YMI[/YT]

Last edited:

SuperDuperMe

Lol iv seen them, they were on battlefield 3 egm :p, cool vids but i cnt pull it off, and last time i tried to hitch a ride on an mav, i got teamkilled. The guy that owned it wasnt too happy.