Computer Will Not Boot

Kornowski

VIP Member
Download the proper SP1? Huh, I got it through a MS Update...

Jim, It's the same problem I was having with my old HDD, I had RAM Memtest and ChkDsk on that, and it didn't find any problems... Thanks though!

I remember that before I put my new HDD in, my old one hadn't done it for a good while, So, I'll try putting that back in and see if it does it... Then, If it doesn't, format my current one and use it as a secondary... *sigh* :cool:

Would I just plug the old one in, then once it's booted, plug the new one in and formatt it through Windows?

cohen

Well i say it is SP1 and that there is a fault with it! So maybe don't install SP1... until you hear good reports about it!

Kornowski

VIP Member
Well i say it is SP1 and that there is a fault with it! So maybe don't install SP1... until you hear good reports about it!

Sorry, I forgot to say, I had gone back to a restore point before I had SP1 and it BSOD's still...

lovely?

time for an old fashioned reinstall? i cant remember if you can still get to all your files, but maybe back them up on the other hard drive and just do a fresh install. if thats an option.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I had this problem on my other HDD (120GB SATA II WD) and on my new HDD (500GB SATA II Seagate Barracuda)... I remember that my old drive hadn't done it for a while, so, at the moment, I'm trying that one out, to see if it does it...

If it doesn't, I'll use the 500GB as a secondary and install stuff on that, as it's a lot faster, just keep my OS and Files on the 120GB WD.

Kornowski

VIP Member
It still BSOD's on me... I'm really running out of ideas! :mad:

At the moment, I have both HDD's in there, the old WD with the OS on and the new Seagate as a secondary.

For some reason, I cannot format my Seagate HDD. I right clicked on it in 'My Computer' Clicked 'Format' and it gets to the end, after a good while, and says "Windows Cannot Complete the Format"...

I restarted my computer and got an 0x00001A BSOD on start-up.

I've had so many different BSOD's;

0x00008A
0x000019
0x00000A
0x0000C5

I'm starting to think it's hardware related as it does it with a fresh install?

I really, really, don't know what to do... May just sell my whole computer! Forget it, Wast of ****** time!