Computer Will Not Boot

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
If I were you I'd probably install XP and see how it works, just to narrow down the possibilities. If XP craps out on you, something's probably blown up, if not, we'll have to give Gates a friendly, comforting bash to express our satisfaction with his newborn child Vista...

cohen

If I were you I'd probably install XP and see how it works, just to narrow down the possibilities. If XP craps out on you, something's probably blown up, if not, we'll have to give Gates a friendly, comforting bash to express our satisfaction with his newborn child Vista...

I agree - install XP and see what happens!

Kornowski

VIP Member

Yeah, Guess I could try that, Thanks.

there is an option when u reinstall windows ie windows repair go to that option

It happens on a clean Install, so there isn't any point in that, But thanks for the suggestion.

PabloTeK

It might be your motherboard taking a dump on you Danny. :( Try getting something like Ubuntu, installing it and see if it decides to have a Kernel Panic or freezes.

Kornowski

VIP Member
It might be your motherboard taking a dump on you Danny. :( Try getting something like Ubuntu, installing it and see if it decides to have a Kernel Panic or freezes.

So, Install Ubuntu, What would it do? You mean, it'd screw up whilst installing?

PabloTeK

If something is wrong then it'll either display a kernel Panic (UNIX version of a BSOD) or it'll freeze and the system will be totally locked out.

Kornowski

VIP Member
If something is wrong then it'll either display a kernel Panic (UNIX version of a BSOD) or it'll freeze and the system will be totally locked out.

Is this when installed, or actually running the OS?

How would I test it? Because I can go a day without my computer BSOD'ing...

PabloTeK

Just use it as a normal OS (except without most games) because if it's random then the system will crash while you're using it normally, there don't seem to be any extreme conditions.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Just use it as a normal OS (except without most games) because if it's random then the system will crash while you're using it normally, there don't seem to be any extreme conditions.

I may try XP, and see if it does it then... Except at the moment, I can't format my HDD, it keeps saying it was unable to! :eek:

cohen

I don't get what you mean, This is the Vista OEM DVD that I have, I've tried formatting it thought that and putting Windows on it.

When you boot off the XP or vista disc..... and go to format... is it saying it can't or.... or are your trying to format it with vista through my computer?

Hopefully that is a better understanding

Kornowski

VIP Member
When you boot off the XP or vista disc..... and go to format... is it saying it can't or.... or are your trying to format it with vista through my computer?

Hopefully that is a better understanding

Both, I've tried through 'My Computer', 'Computer Management' and the 'Vista CD'.

None have worked...

I'm trying something called DBAN in a minute... It's a bootable ISO that wipes all the HDD, so I should be able to put Windows on that, right?

cohen

Both, I've tried through 'My Computer', 'Computer Management' and the 'Vista CD'.

None have worked...

I'm trying something called DBAN in a minute... It's a bootable ISO that wipes all the HDD, so I should be able to put Windows on that, right?

OK - well i'll check back in tonight and see what is happening as i have to get ready for school cya gus!