Female Gamers

Do you think females make up 46% of the gaming population?

• Yes

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 50 67.6%

• Total voters
Hmmm... well, I certainly agree that women do make up that much of the gaming population.

To give a little perspective, I suppose, I'm female and play The Sims, Elder Scrolls, Psychonauts, Fatal Frame, Half Life, Portal, Bioshock, Grand Theft Auto, Super Smash Bros, Oregon Trail, Starcraft, Age of -insert title here-, Warcraft (not WoW. One, two, and three), The Exile Trilogy, Blades of Exile, AGS games (point and click like Day of the Tentacle but peer-made), Baldur's Gate, Diablo, Doom, Creatures, and other miniature games and etcetera junk. (not going to list them all :|)

I actually HATE Wii... I have played a bit of the Wii and seen previous non-gamers enjoy it but, personally, I think it's a waste of money unless you have kids or like casual gaming with cutsey characters. Then again, other people enjoy it and I won't argue their choice... same with PS3.

I think the ratio of female gamers is becoming higher because of consoles like the Wii and yeah, we make up a good portion of the population. If you had to compare hours played, however, I would fall flat. I am a college student, crappy laptop, limited access to other consoles besides my Xbox, and have a... sort of life. I think males play more, but females are getting up there.

I've never met a female who liked games, really. Where do all you people live?!

Carla456

I'm a female and I really like games. I have been playing for many years. With my ps1 I used to play Crash bandicoot, Tekken, Looney Tunes, The sims of course, GTA 3... Now I play Kingdom hearts, GTA Vice City, San Andreas, Gran Turismo, Scarface, Godfather...And I play the sims 2 with my PC, I also get impatient to the sims 3

epidemik

That statistic is definitely false. Or they have some skewed definition of "game"

Think of how rare females are in vent and such... Everyone is like, "wow a girl" when the find one for a reason. Yes there are some but no way they make up 46%....even if they do sort of "hide" more.

GSAV55

Most of the girls I know dont really play games. The ones that do play really casualy games, like flash games an stuff. Or wii. My g/f has a ps2 but doesnt play it, lol

Hyper_Kagome

I voted yes. Why? I've read in the news paper a study that they've done in Canada, and it was almost half and half for gender population on gaming. The average gaming age for people in Canada was something like 43 years old as well.

It's defiantly not just something for the younger generation, and also not just mainly a male dominated thing.

I'm a Female Gamer. :)

I should take an updated picture of my games just as an example..

Hyper_Kagome

games.jpg

=D!!!

And that's not including most of my PS games.
My SNES
NES
Sega
etc etc.

quagmondo23

I voted no but i do think they play single player games more than online. Thats why we dont see them all that much.

epidemik

Yeah...but I've also seem to run across more girls in L4D than other shooters. That seems a little weird. What is appealing to girls about that game and not others. Maybe its just you notice them more because you have to talk in L4D.

Archangel

VIP Member
Yeah...but I've also seem to run across more girls in L4D than other shooters. That seems a little weird. What is appealing to girls about that game and not others. Maybe its just you notice them more because you have to talk in L4D.

well,.. usually in coutnerstrike when you say you're a girl, most people start acting like turds. (any idea why? ) to its best to, well, disappear in the croud I say.

DirtyD86

banned
well,.. usually in coutnerstrike when you say you're a girl, most people start acting like turds. (any idea why? ) to its best to, well, disappear in the croud I say.

we're animals when it comes down to it. i definitely agree women are smarter than men, for one reason. they can control themselves in the presence of the opposite sex.

g4m3rof1337

we're animals when it comes down to it. i definitely agree women are smarter than men, for one reason. they can control themselves in the presence of the opposite sex.

That's partially true. I for one, could care less if I'm gaming with a girl, if she acts like the rest of the guys, she's fine, but if she flaunting her sex, that's just annoying.

Though I can agree and say that it's mostly true.