Graphics / RAM QUestion

linkin

VIP Member
As for card OEM, you want a decent brand. EVGA, XFX, Asus, Sapphire, Zotac. Stay away from Gainward and Palit.

Core2Deano

You have a fairly modest setup at the moment but to play decent games at an acceptable level I'd recommend trying to find an 8800GT (maybe overclock it a little). As far as RAM, your 32bit operating system will recognise a maximum of 3.5GB so get a single 4096mb (4GB) stick of DDR2 and simply replace your current 2GB stick.

Hope this helps.
Dean

wolfeking

banned
That will do little good. The RAM will max at 3.5 GB including vRAM on the GPU. a single 4GB stick will also have less bandwidth and thus worse performance than 2x2GB would.

Jaybezia

That will do little good. The RAM will max at 3.5 GB including vRAM on the GPU. a single 4GB stick will also have less bandwidth and thus worse performance than 2x2GB would.

I currently have 2 x 1gb so I was going to get 2 x 2gb anyway mate, thanks for all the help... just trying to find a desent priced HD5670 with a good OEM

Jaybezia

And has anyone heard anything of the Hardware King as a selling website ?

Also, can anyone recommend good cheap websites for computer components such as gfx cards ?

HazzaHnoob

Another good site is ebuyer.co.uk...

Also, if you still haven't found a card in a few weeks, I may have an 8800GT (the Alpha Dog edition) to sell, but only once I get the money for a new card myself...

Jiniix

You still need to tell us the specs of your power supply. Though at this point i would tell you to buy a 4GB DDR2 kit and a HD 5670 card.
Mate, he has Windows XP 32-bit. Buying 4GB would leave an entire GB useless.
I recommend staying at your 2GB, it's fine.