its official, 3gb ram is not enough for vista/7

tlarkin

VIP Member
This is my laptop.
Windows Vista™ Home Basic (English) 32 bit
512 MB DDR2 memory 667 MHz (1 x 512)

It works fine. Aero even works...

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2007/Apache/1014550R/1014550Rnv.shtml

It's not a rocket ship, but it's far from fail.

eww really with 512 meg of RAM?

My work machine only has 1gig and I beat the crap out of it and sometimes it whines about it and runs slow. It is a Mac though, and I do lots of multi tasking with lots of applications at once on 4 desktops via spaces.

I remember when I worked on a laptop that was running XP Pro with 64meg of RAM, that thing took about 7 full minutes to boot, but by God it booted.

UpskirtHayley

This is my laptop.
Windows Vista™ Home Basic (English) 32 bit
512 MB DDR2 memory 667 MHz (1 x 512)

It works fine. Aero even works...

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2007/Apache/1014550R/1014550Rnv.shtml

It's not a rocket ship, but it's far from fail.

hahahahaha

I just browse on it.

hahahahahha

serious note:
i think its all about how people say it and what they do on it. words can claim anything. same goes for me, i can claim anything but believe it or not.

and i should say 3gb ram is not enough for vista/7 (if doing video edit/3dmodel/digitalphotoshop/high-end games) as the title. playing games like cryostasis and crysis on max setting still feel shaky.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
My mac at work only runs 1 gig of ram and to be honest if I told you all I do on it you would be quite surprised. I run that machine into the ground on only 1 gig of RAM. I am sure that Vista could (after hacked up) could perform about the same.

kimsland

i choose 5400rpm-32mb cache over 7200rpm-16mb cache.
Hahahahahaha
It's quite reasonable to choose a lower speed HardDrive. Mainly due to heat issues
If your laptop does not seem to run too hot, you could actually purchase 7200rpm-32mb cache. But if you're happy, so be it.

By the way, just to clear up a bit here:
Windows7 32Bit minimum specifications (as per MS) is 1Gig
But if you're running high intense applications, then obviously you will need more Ram (up to 4Gig on 32Bit Windows maximum)

Personally I feel that Windows7 (32Bit) should have minimum 2Gig of Ram installed, seeming the much smaller OS that I'm running (ie XP) runs exceptionally well. I'd definitely run the same (if not more) Ram on Windows7

AlanWade

Unfortunatly the original poster is either high as a kite or stupid as a mule! Vista will run with 2 gig of ram without any problem at all.
You dont need a degree in rocket science for this!!

speedyink

VIP Member
First: It took you 3 minutes to read that? LMAO

Second: Why are you guys getting so pissed off? Does it really matter? You all sound like a bunch of little kids, lol

And the corresponding posts..

Pissed off? You don't wanna see me pissed off then, lol.