Leaked GTX680 specs?

M1kkelZR

So, I'm on Tweakers.net, a dutch tech site. and one of the news of today has some GTX680 Specs, here are the images:
1331743276.jpeg
1331743277.jpeg

1331743275.jpeg

1331743488.png

so epic

jonnyp11

I'm calling BS on that comparison, even if the numbers are right, there is no way that card costs close to as much as them, that thing lists 1536 cores!!!!! The 580 only has 512, and i highly doubt a card 3x as powerful will be even close to the same price, that thing has to be in the 1000+ range, so that's either made up BS or just a pointless comparison essentially like 3 580's v a 7970, but with better drivers and scaling. Also according to google, the 580's tdp is 244 v that's 194, even on a smaller nm die, i find that much of a drop with that much of a core increase hard to believe.

Last edited:

JLuchinski

There's so many fake charts and specs on these cards it's getting stupid. I'm waiting to hear it from the horses mouth before I believe anything.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yeah that chart seems a bit exaggerated. But I guess we can only hope, right? :D

Kewl Munky

I'm and nvidia guy and even I don't believe that. There was that much over speculation on the gtx 400 and gtx 500 series of cards and then look how almost even those turned out to compare. As usual, I'm sure each card that compares to each ATI card will be slightly better, priced quite a bit more, use more power, and run hotter. I'm losing faith in nvidia.

JLuchinski

Not me, I don't really like this 7970. It's OK but not worth the $610 I paid for it, luckily I can return it for a full refund. I'm getting an I7 2600k with an SLI board instead and will pick up a couple of GTX 580's for cheap if Keplar turns out to be a let down.

tech savvy

Not me, I don't really like this 7970. It's OK but not worth the $610 I paid for it, luckily I can return it for a full refund. I'm getting an I7 2600k with an SLI board instead and will pick up a couple of GTX 580's for cheap if Keplar turns out to be a let down.

Im surprised that ur rig can keep up with that 7970 you got. I would return that 7970 and get that 2600k/MoBo you want, and maybe another 4gb ram?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP, not even close.

JLuchinski

Yeah I've been thinking about getting another 4 gig stick, for some reason with this board 2 of the same sticks wouldn't work even with the MemOK! button. I will be fine for a long time with the 2600k, I really hope Keplar is what it claims to be, I like the drivers a hell of a lot better.

tech savvy

Yeah I've been thinking about getting another 4 gig stick, for some reason with this board 2 of the same sticks wouldn't work even with the MemOK! button. I will be fine for a long time with the 2600k, I really hope Keplar is what it claims to be, I like the drivers a hell of a lot better.

Absolutely. Thats a great CPU, and highly recommended. Another great reason to upgrading to Sandy, is of course, an open path to Ivy. Of course you have to make sure you get the newest rev.(revision) MoBo, as it will support the update necessary to accommodate Ivy.

Edit: Thats why I got the i5 instead of the 2600k. The i5 2550k I got, is a very good CPU, and was able to hit 4.2 on stock voltage.

Last edited:

M1kkelZR

Oh I thought that specs were wrong as I had seen this gpureview before
http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-GTX-680-card-667.html

and why they named it 6xx series? 7xx was better :mad:

lol i dont care if its the 6xx or 7xx but i have a feeling it is right.
as the Unreal Samaritan Demo, was demo'd this year at the game developers confrence. and the GTX680 was showed running on its own and last year a 3way SLI 580 was needed to run it on the highest setting.

spirit

Staff member
I'm interested to see how the new mid-range cards stack up the new Radeon 7800 series, which of course are AMD's mid-high-end cards. The 7870 is faster than a GTX 570, see here, so it's going to be interesting to see how it stacks up to the upcoming GTX 660 and 670 when they are released. I'm going to be upgrading my card hopefully in the future, and I was going to get my hands on a 7850 or 7870 when they got released, but I've decided and see what Kepler brings to the table. The performance of that 680 looks monstrous though, but I bet it's going to cost a lot of money.

FuryRosewood

that article is intriquing...but...what the hell are they comparing the cards against eachother on, its about as filled with fact as the apple people saying the ipad 2 was faster than a tegra iii... just gave a chart without any information at all on it...with 1x 2x and 4x on it or something...meaningless information. to me that article smells like speculation.

JLuchinski

that article is intriquing...but...what the hell are they comparing the cards against eachother on, its about as filled with fact as the apple people saying the ipad 2 was faster than a tegra iii... just gave a chart without any information at all on it...with 1x 2x and 4x on it or something...meaningless information. to me that article smells like speculation.

It's all speculation right now, there hasn't been anything official from Nvidia yet. I hope the March 23rd release date is right.