Left 4 Dead 2

tlarkin

VIP Member
It is worth the money, they put a lot into the new version. I think the versus mode still needs a bit tweaking. The realism mode is beyond impossible. I don't think many people could actually complete every campaign on realism mode.

awildgoose

Yes they have put a lot of effort into this game. In L4D they said that it changes because the hordes come at different times and the zombies and guns aren't in the same place all the time.
This time they have all that but also the way you have to go, many times there is more than one way to go and sometimes one way is blocked but the next time it isn't blocked etc. There are also more guns and it is just a great game to play.

I just bought it last night, and so far I really like it. It seems to run better than the first one did while having better graphics. And the level design is awesome. My biggest complaint is Rochelle, I know everyone is saying the same thing but I think she is the weakest character.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I just bought it last night, and so far I really like it. It seems to run better than the first one did while having better graphics. And the level design is awesome. My biggest complaint is Rochelle, I know everyone is saying the same thing but I think she is the weakest character.

Here is the L4D2 line up.

1 annoying ex convict who is on rare occasion funny - Nick

1 annoying uneducated redneck who is pretty much a stereotype - Ellis

1 annoying not attractive female - Rochelle

1 semi cool black guy - Coach

To be honest, they just should have put Lo Wang in there along with Duke Nuke'em, John Matrix from commando, and Summer Glau as the token female bad ass.

Here is the L4D2 line up.

1 annoying ex convict who is on rare occasion funny - Nick

1 annoying uneducated redneck who is a stereotype - Ellis

1 annoying not attractive female - Rochelle

1 semi cool black guy - Coach

To be honest, they just should have put Lo Wang in there along with Duke Nuke'em, John Matrix from commando, and Summer Glau as the token female bad ass.

Fixed. ;) But I agree completely, the characterization from the first one was much better, it was far from perfect, but I really don't like the characters much in l4d2.

Saying that coach's comments when a jockey jumps on someone are pretty damn funny, about the only time I've laughed out loud playing this game so far.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Coach is the coolest character on there and I always play as him. I also think Louis was the best character from the first one too, because I would bind the "Oh NOOOOOO!" key to a shortcut and spam it all the time. It cracked me up.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Hehe, love the Demo :D

Although sometimes you get pissy when people start killing each other and you join in :eek:

$50? Nah. Get a copy on eBay for $30.

awildgoose

I love Ellis, just like everyone else on the internet should/does. He cracks me up everytime... plus I love the accent.

awildgoose

If anyone wants to play with me my steam name is thermophilis (display name is eric though)

Would be fun... but I would have a ping of around ~500 so I will have to pass on that offer... it's not very fun shooting a zombie then having it attack you because you actually missed because it's lagging:(

Haha yeah you're halfway around the world. I do have my own ded. server and really fast internet, but I doubt it would matter with the distance.

Edit: wouldn't matter at all because you get screwed over for internet speeds in australia don't you? Maybe if you hosted it to an australian ded server. I know that my ping would be around 150-200

Last edited: