mac is better than pc, proven

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerman4

There are people out there that don't even know there is an alternative to Windows...

Worse is, there are people that don't exactly get what an OS is, they assume "Windows" is their computer. I also love people that call their computer the "modem".

tlarkin

VIP Member
Worse is, there are people that don't exactly get what an OS is, they assume "Windows" is their computer. I also love people that call their computer the "modem".

yeah man I could spin stories of working IT and dealing with clients/customers/users all day long that would make you laugh and possibly shock you.

tlarkin

VIP Member
are you dumb? linux handles games like shit. dont even tell me it doesnt. windows > all.

That is funny I was just thinking that Windows runs some games like crap. I played COD 4 on my Macbook pro and it ran a lot faster than my quad core desktop....

dubesinhower

thats not a real argument. you cant say one is better then the other without comparing the specs of both computers.

that doesnt mean that its windows that makes games run bad.

Calibretto

VIP Member
When Mac has the majority of the market share, then they can brag about how they're better than a PC. For now, with PC owning about 85% of the market share, Mac can't say a word.

tlarkin

VIP Member
thats not a real argument. you cant say one is better then the other without comparing the specs of both computers.

that doesnt mean that its windows that makes games run bad.

You don't need to compare specs, it is all resource management. How well does your OS manage the resources of your hardware? It is about efficiency, not about horse power. You can drop a V10 engine but have a crappy infrastructure for it and get low power output.

Hardware doesn't matter if the OS is not good at taking advantage of it properly.

While I am not saying one is better than the other I am saying your statement is false.

dubesinhower

When Mac has the majority of the market share, then they can brag about how they're better than a PC. For now, with PC owning about 85% of the market share, Mac can't say a word.

its not so much the physical hardware in each, its the extent of faggotry that extends from them.

mac users think they're the coolest people on the planet, when only a small percent are actually computer literate.

imho, windows gives you alot more bang for buck, as well as more high end performance, and customization. maybe not as much customization as linux, but you get the chance to swap out new parts whereas your stuck with a mac.

also, REAL pc gamers prefer windows.

gamerman4

That's like saying that Internet Explorer is better by using this chart as proof.
600px-Web_browser_usage_share.svg.png

dubesinhower

You don't need to compare specs, it is all resource management. How well does your OS manage the resources of your hardware? It is about efficiency, not about horse power. You can drop a V10 engine but have a crappy infrastructure for it and get low power output.

Hardware doesn't matter if the OS is not good at taking advantage of it properly.

While I am not saying one is better than the other I am saying your statement is false.

o rly? why the **** does that matter? for equal price, you can get so much more power on a pc than a mac, REGARDLESS of resource management. if you dont have enough ram to run vista alone then you probably shouldnt be gaming on it.

tlarkin

VIP Member
its not so much the physical hardware in each, its the extent of faggotry that extends from them.

mac users think they're the coolest people on the planet, when only a small percent are actually computer literate.

imho, windows gives you alot more bang for buck, as well as more high end performance, and customization. maybe not as much customization as linux, but you get the chance to swap out new parts whereas your stuck with a mac.

also, REAL pc gamers prefer windows.

You are so ignorant it is cracking me up. Go on, tell me how dumb Mac users are. I want to hear more!

dubesinhower

calibretto, your digging windows users a deeper hole lol.

i am perfectly happy with windows. it meets all of my needs as a power user, with more control than i need.

dubesinhower

You are so ignorant it is cracking me up. Go on, tell me how dumb Mac users are. I want to hear more!

how many mac users do you know that actually know how to use all of the features? not to say that ALL mac users are dumb, but i can definitly tell that some idiots are just on the mac bandwagon because its "the hip thing to do".

even you cant tell me im wrong.

Calibretto

VIP Member
calibretto, your digging windows users a deeper hole lol.

how's that?

All I'm saying is that, yeah sure Mac may be better than PC and Firefox is better than IE, but at the end of the day, from a business standpoint, whoever is making more money and bringing in more customers is the winner.

dubesinhower

how's that?

All I'm saying is that, yeah sure Mac may be better than PC and Firefox is better than IE, but at the end of the day, from a business standpoint, whoever is making more money and bringing in more customers is the winner.

it has to do more with performance than money. i agree with tlarkin with the fact that it is quality over quantity.

but theres such a small portion of windows users that actually know how to make windows perform for quality.

tlarkin

VIP Member
When it comes down to it, money and sales is the most important thing.

Why do you think Apple does what they do? They own the market for cell phones and for portable media players now. They also make a great product and they KNEW they needed an OS that was a contender against MS. They also needed to offer something MS could not, which partly was better security which is why when they were shopping around for an OS they bought Next Step, which is Unix.

So, you are saying that MS markets their OS better or perhaps conquered the market first, not that they have a better product?

Status
Not open for further replies.