mac is better than pc, proven

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombine210

this is a very interesting thread. the one thing i do agree is that having choices is good as long as there is something for everybody.
at home, i use my computer for games more than anything, so i use pc because it was cheap to build and runs all my games decently.
also, my AV is free, as well as WMP, and since i don't use, or need, any of that other software that dude was talking about in the video, i'm not missing much.
i also use linux, as a vm, to freely surf the net :) ukn0wh4tIm34n
peace ya'll

tlarkin

VIP Member
this is a very interesting thread. the one thing i do agree is that having choices is good as long as there is something for everybody.
at home, i use my computer for games more than anything, so i use pc because it was cheap to build and runs all my games decently.
also, my AV is free, as well as WMP, and since i don't use, or need, any of that other software that dude was talking about in the video, i'm not missing much.
i also use linux, as a vm, to freely surf the net :) ukn0wh4tIm34n
peace ya'll

Well, since Macs can run Windows now, you have every choice with a Mac...<shrug>

Motoxrdude

Try and get a mac for gaming and then compare that price to one of a PC that is spec-to-spec, the same. Then get back to me.

vinnie107

What actually is it about Mac that you like? I know that nice interfaces impress simple people, but what more do you have?

Thats a genuine question by the way.

gamerman4

What actually is it about Mac that you like? I know that nice interfaces impress simple people, but what more do you have?

Thats a genuine question by the way.

http://www.computerforum.com/131108-i-hardly-see-any-threads-about-macs-here-4.html

just read it, it is probably the most civil and helpful Mac vs PC debate, it shows just about any argument you could make for and against each system.

There is nothing that can be said that isn't already said in that debate.

Except more recently, Apple decided to be douchebags and remove firewire from the cheaper macbooks.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
not at all. spec for spec means they have the same PARTS not the same price

Go to Newegg.com build me a PC with a LCD display and make sure it has all the same features/hardware as an iMac. Actually, don't bother just read that older thread that was posted since we already went through all of this.

Droogie

Go to Newegg.com build me a PC with a LCD display and make sure it has all the same features/hardware as an iMac. Actually, don't bother just read that older thread that was posted since we already went through all of this.

i could build one spec wise for less, but it wouldn't have all the bells and whistles that macs have, if thats what you mean.

tlarkin

VIP Member
i could build one spec wise for less, but it wouldn't have all the bells and whistles that macs have, if thats what you mean.

That is what a specification is, the bells and whistles, like:

LED back lit screens
High resolution screens
ABGN wireless
FW 400 and FW 800
Camera
Media remote
Bluetooth 2.0 EDR
backlit keyboards
SMS sensor
other hardware specs
size
weight

Then look at replacement cycle and maintenance cost. How many people buy new Macs every year or two versus people that buy new PCs? If you can't find a PC part to match the Mac then you got to deduct that cost from the Mac to make it a fair comparison.

Ultimately, it comes down to preference, but to say they are over priced is just plain wrong. They are not over priced, they are high end machines. It would be like comparing a honda civic to a Porsche.

dubesinhower

yeaaaaah hacintosh.....not valid since it does not run as well as OS X does natively on a Mac, and I got your message. My feelings won't get hurt by a teenager;)

thats what you think. it runs pretty well on my friends computer. as well as linux does anyways.

tlarkin

VIP Member
thats what you think. it runs pretty well on my friends computer. as well as linux does anyways.

Apple releases an update to fix a bug, OS X x86 project hast o reverse engineer that update to make it work on non Macs. So yes there is a margin of error and Macs are designed and optimized to run on Apple hardware, so yes there will be margin of error there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.